Thread: Will Maemo 5 get MMS Support in future

Will Maemo 5 get MMS Support in future

My brother have bought a new phone which is running a Linux Maemo 5 operating system. I have seen one strange thing on this phone as it does not have MMS support. Actually I was about to grab this phone from my brother but since I have heard that this phone does not support for MMSs, I have got confused to grab it. I think that the next version of Maemo 5 must be having MMS support but still I want to ask you guys that is it going to have it in next version or not.

Re: Will Maemo 5 get MMS Support in future

MMS is a feature missing from the N900, the same way she was missing from the iPhone's first name. The difference is that the N900 runs on Maemo and the latter is open source, it's linux, well known. What then is that it took Apple so a new firmware to see the show support MMS, here is the community that does that. And it goes so much faster. Small note for critics of MMS saying that the mail did it better, I said that the need is not the same. If all your contacts have a smartphone that can read mail ok, but in other cases, no MMS for sending a photo is what is best. So I was talking about community work. And although the community has been particularly active since two management projects mms began simultaneously.

FMMS by FRALE , which offers a graphical interface, and mkmms by msameer , that does not (sending is done via the command line). They both can send an mms with just a subject and an attachment (although in theory an MMS can be composed of several pages, including several media elements, text ...). For both applications it is work in progress, we are here in pre-alpha. A rumor that Nokia plans to include in a future firmware management MMS. Ok In the meantime, if you're not afraid to put your hands dirty (potentially unstable application, use the command line) you can test these applications.

There is little initiative from two developers working independently on the management of MMS for Maemo. This post will provide an update on the progress of these two applications, that are FMMS and mkMMS. mkMMS is a command line tool to create an MMS, supporting a picture attachment. We do not know much more yet. FMMS has largely taken over in this race to send and receive MMS messages all with a proper user interface. It still lacks many things that everything can be supported MMS (page management, with various attachments, etc.), but it is a good start, the primary use of MMS is sending image (especially to contacts who can not read messages on their phones).

FMMS is an interface for receiving and sending MMS. The features are now supported:

• receiving MMS
    • sending MMS (with selection of the recipient from the phone contacts)
    • managing an image attached
    • all via a GUI

Since receiving and sending MMS is the level of operators via the access point (APN) often different , we need to add in your phone access point for your operator.

No interface being provided to add, FRALE , the developer has developed FMMS fAPN which allows you to do. Once the access point via fAPN added, you can close this application and modify it in the phone settings. And while sending MMS, you must manually change the access point in use to select one dedicated to MMS (remember to reverse the manipulation thereafter). It is not necessarily required to create a new access point. Indeed, if the only difference between your access point is the WEB and MMS proxy, you simply edit the AP WEB, add the proxy and check the box, save, go back and uncheck the box. You can then use this access point with FMMS.