Thread: Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 lacking in some features

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 lacking in some features

There are few problems with my new X8 which I am going to mention one by one now.
    1. Downloading settings of MMS doesn’t work.
    2. Several operator messages are not able to be replied to.
    3. Unable to get playlist in Music player.
    4. Lost contacts after phone syncing with Google Address book.
    5. Cannot completely low down the volume bar.
    6. Missing in some profiles.
    7. Slow Keypad operation.

I know that it is good phone but still there are some problems and I hope that it can be easily resolved.

Re: Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 lacking in some features

Here are my solution and i hope that some might assist you to resolve issues you are experiencing:
    1. For MMS settings you either need to call customer service of network operator otherwise get MMS settings by visiting their webpage.
    2. Yes. You cannot replay to several operator messages.
    3. Get the latest Music player from the Android Market.
    4. I think that you have restored the contacts other than replacing it.
    5. You sometime cannot able to completely low down the volume bar due to touchscreen faults. So you need to use buttons to adjust it.
    6. You can manually add the profile to its list.
    7. Free up the phone space for Keypad issue. It seems to me that the phone is working very slowly.

1. First of all the easy way for configuring MMS settings is by yourself, Manually add the settings for MMS.
    2. You need to try different Sim for this.
    3. Get the MixZing player. Otherwise apply different theme for Music if applicable.
    4. Do not ever sync contacts with Google Address Book. Find any other alternative choice.
    5. Update the software version if you cannot able to adjust the volume.
    6. I think that there is no such profile for silent mode or vibrate mode. I think there is only one option or button to make it to mute mode like in iphone. Find this option if available.
    7. Get a new Keyboard option or app from the Android market.

I think that you are using the older version of Android in your X8. The older version usually contains some bugs which needs several fixes as well as additional features. The users those who got the latest version of Android they didn’t get much trouble with that. Whatever the issue in your phone you should upgrade software to latest version. If the drawbacks still persist then you can solve it as one by one without much difficulty. The android phone usually has the solution for every issue.

The above mentioned issues are the common issues in most of the android based phones. You can easily solve it now or some time later. As the MMS setting problem it is not about the phone. You should ask the network operator for this. Have you tried other SIM for MMS settings? Operator messages are sending automatically by the use of computer software. Sometime it might not be possible to reply. Playlist may not include in default music player. Google Sync might delete existing contacts in your phone. For volume, profile and keypad you need to go deeply into phone’ setting.