Thread: Not possible to download Themes for Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Not possible to download Themes for Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

I am currently using Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. It is a new generation innovative touchscreen phone. There is no doubt about that. I got this phone as a gift from one of my friend. I know that you can do lots of things using this phone. As far as I know it is still behind the Apple Iphone. The best things I liked about this phone is its GUI. It has a very effective interface than any other mobile. I have been using its default theme from the time when I first got. Now my interest is to get something different in terms of look. Yes, I am talking about the Themes in it. Can we download and install themes to this phone like we do in other mobile namely Nokia?

Re: Not possible to download Themes for Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

I think that there are some versions of phone which have the capability to download and install different themes to it. If you enclose ease of use of the Android Market on your Xperia X8 phone, you are capable to download themes from the particular class inside the Market. I heard that the older version of X8 may not contain android Market application. If don’t have then you need to get any third-party application. In those you might find any kind of themes for your mobile.

As far as I know it is not possible to directly get and apply the third party themes to Xperia X8. What you necessitate is an additional home launcher. Similar to ADW Launcher otherwise LauncherPro. You need to get or download one of these from any market and after that you will be able to download themes from whichever or Android market to those launchers. Whilst using a alternating home launcher, it provides you additional options to modify your home screen than by way of SE:s home launcher.

First of all you need to get the ADW Launcher 1.3 or latest version in order to apply the theme. I have found one good theme called Matte Curve ADW Theme. A dark matte curvy dock theme is intended for ADW. It has following features.
    • Specially premeditated in support of 5 icon fashion.
    • Similar icon set like an additional theme of mine "Black Glass".
    • Merely hdpi hold up for at this moment.
    • Noticeable on android 2.1 devices at present.

Most up-to-date version: 1.2 (meant for Android version 2.1 plus advanced)

You should find out what version of Android you are using in your X8. Some older version of Android Mobile OS doesn’t have an option to get themes from the Market application which specifically provided by the Android itself. There are several themes for X8 but they are not specifically built for that phone. Those themes will work on any android based phone. I think that you should try android themes if available.

It is not necessary to download the themes from the android market place because some X8 don’t have this application pre-included. So at that time they need to refer any alternative method. You just need a internet connection or GPRS on your phone. Then you can download whatever themes from the internet or by the Sony Ericssion official site. I heard that there is option called theme download in most GPRS enabled or WAP based phone. There is no problem with download.