Thread: Is it possible to tether iPhone with mint Julia

Is it possible to tether iPhone with mint Julia

I wanted to ask this from you all from quite a few days. I have a iPhone and I wanted to tether it with my Linux operating system in the computer. I have mint Julia operating system that is running in my computer. Well is it possible to tether them? I have not tried it yet. So I thought it would be better if I ask this from you all. As from my side I have done some research work and I found that people giving me some mixed reviews about it. So I am waiting for your responses. Do let me know as early as possible.

Re: Is it possible to tether iPhone with mint Julia

Well if you want to use the 3G connectivity of the phone and you want to use it in the computer by tethering it then let me tell you that the wifi offers you much faster speed than the 3G or whatever wap service that you are using. If you are thinking of sharing the data through the computer than you can probably install the iTunes application in the computer and share it with your iPhone. That will be much better option.

Tethering can be one form of jail breaking and I don’t think so apple supports any means of jail breaking method. However you can try with this method and let me know if it works or not.
    1) Turn the tethering option(if you have) of your iPhone ON.
    2) Connect your iPhone to the usb port of the computer.
    3) After that go to the menu, then control center and network connections.
    4) Check whether any computer icon or your computer name appears under the mobile broadband section.
    Just try with this method and let me know if it works or not.

In order to activate the tethering feature in the iPhone then your phone must be jail broken or you must have the various jail broken applications installed in your iPhone. One such application that I am aware of is MiWi application from the Cydia. It will allow you to tether the iPhone but also can convert the iPhone to a wifi hotspot. So add this particular application and it will definitely help you.

I really don’t think so every time we can succeed with the jail breaking application. You can also tether your iPhone without any jail breaking application. What you can do is plug your iPhone to the router and that particular router is Nexaira Business Class II 3G/4G Wireless Broadband Router. By connecting to this router you can immediately create a secure wifi spot and you can share the 3G connection that your phone uses with any of the device with a distance up to 20 feet. I think this is a much better and a very safe option according to me. My advice would be to definitely go with this product.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. Well let me tell you that I did not want to go with any of the jail breaking software. So what I did was tried with the router and I was very impressed the performance. My computer can be connected to the iPhone and it worked really very well. Well I wanted to see how fast is the 3G technology when we use it with the computer. So I got the result and I am very happy about it. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.