Thread: Razer Switchblade Specification, Feature and Price

Razer Switchblade Specification, Feature and Price

Hi there, I am having one query which i think can be solved here. I have gone through the given CES 2011 news and come to know about the Razer Switchblade but the problem is that i am unable to make out its Specification and feature and what will be its expected price in market. So if you are having any knowledge regarding same then let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Razer Switchblade Specification, Feature and Price

You may have already noticed, I am a very very big fan of the Razer brand. I swear by them for my gaming peripherals! Let me tell you that I am their news closely. But when I received their latest press release, I stayed more than perplexed. Razer teams have joined those from Intel to imagine a concept than an innovator, taking the sweet name of Razer Switchblade. The craft, which looks like a netbook, is in fact a true mobile gaming machine. A kind of portable console shall we say. Equipped with an Intel Atom processor, the notebook promises the same performance of a PC, a portable solution.

And most surprising is undoubtedly its touch screen and keyboard that come and replace the traditional combo mouse / keyboard. The Razer Switchblade has a multipoint touch screen ultra sensitive, dynamic touch of a keyboard and a UI that adapts to your needs and your gambling. With this new concept, and full touch phone, Razer hopes to revolutionize the world of PC gaming and shake up the habits of gamblers. Rather reserved for strategy games, or MMORPGs, the Razer Switchblade wants to be a worthy successor to laptops. Imagine, you'll soon finish your game of Starcraft or Warcraft on the bus.

The Razer Switchblade is currently in draft form, this means is no release date or even price. But knowing the brand, this gem should not be given. I who am a big fan of FPS and strategy occasionally, I have a lot of questions about usability and responsiveness of such concept. A touch screen can he replace the precision of a mouse? A touch pad will answer it quickly and accurately? I have great confidence in Razer for this project, but I wonder of course! It remains for me to wait and hope.

In terms of connectivity, the tiny size of the Switchblade obviously limits the possibilities, but Razer has nonetheless managed to incorporate a mini-HDMI port and a USB 2.0 connector in addition to the inevitable power outlet. The USB is expected to plug any device and we think quite naturally to a mouse while the Switchblade is devoid of any scoring system. But it is the keyboard that quickly attracts the eye: good size, it is supposed to allow more than one correct entry with Chiclet keys well spaced. But its most interesting feature is the ability to adapt to the game in use. When a title is launched, the visual mode is changed through the use - under the keyboard - an LCD screen. In fact, letters and other symbols are replaced by icons much more meaningful and relevant to the game .. The idea is interesting and provided the player is ready to make concessions (one 7-inch screen has never been ideal for video games), the Razer solution could be interesting. The prop looks in any case benefit from the growing power of mobile solutions to create a new way to play on PC.

No date and no indication of prices have been advanced for the time being by Razer looking probably at first make sure vital partnerships (such as with Intel) before you enter this kind of considerations. Thus, stay tuned.

The props Razer announces the arrival of a new laptop PC dedicated to video games and mobile packed with features surprising. Solution for the least original by Razer at CES 2011 in Las Vegas, Switchblade first looks very much like a classic netbook which the props would have added a multipoint touch screen and a keyboard touch dynamics to transform the beast a "new concept mobile PC gaming." If the Switchblade is designed around the Intel Atom, Razer does not seem to go into further technical details of its internal configuration and we know of no such certainty about the graphics solution used, the storage system adopted or board RAM . Still, the Switchblade is clearly focused on the game and it shows at all levels. Thus, the screen (a 7-inch / 1024x600) is a multi-touch model that is expected to accurately and efficiently use the different user interfaces, starting with the Windows 7 that comes with the machine.

During the recent CES 2011, the company Razer has announced a new invention, an innovative device called Razer Switchblade, a concept that could change our understanding of video games on PC. Still under development, it would be a compatible portable Windows 7, with 3G and WiFi connectivity, leaving miniHDMI, and USB 3.0. But the really innovative invention would be the "keyboard" consisting of a multi-touch LCD screen and can even change their content in real time.