Thread: LG W2252TQ not turning ON

LG W2252TQ not turning ON

Yesterday, I played for couple of hours on my windows vista machine and then shut off my machine. This morning when I switched on my machine then it got started showing LG logo but there then nothing on my monitor's screen. I have rebooted my machine several time but the monitor stays blank only. I am bit scared that my new monitor must not got damaged. I have connected it by using the DVI cable.

Re: LG W2252TQ not turning ON

I suggest you to check that your monitor really works or not. It is very much easy to check about this issue, Just connect your monitor with any other computer system and then check that it works or not. If it works there then it is confirmed that it works. But make sure that there are no damages happened on your monitor.

Problem could be with the cable that you are using to connect your monitor with the windows vista computer system. I suggest you to check that you have connected your monitor with the proper port or not and the port to which you have connected is really working or not. Most probably it seems to be the cable that might not be working. Check connecting it with some other cable.

As your monitor is showing the LG logo then it has been proved that your monitor has been connected with the proper port and it is getting an enough power. Nothing comes after logo then it means that your windows graphic driver have got corrupted. I recommend you to reinstall the graphic drivers on your machine and then check that it works or not. It is always best to install the drivers by using the Device Manager.

Hey Ishaant..do you still have the problem with your monitor?

I have European version of the same monitor which is W2252tq-pf
    I brought this to India about an year ago and after one month of usage one morning it didn't display anything past the LG logo.

I had it examined at the local LG service centre after fiddling with it for some days they told me that LG india was not liable to service or replace it (Yeah right they realised it only after opening it and keeping it for a month or so !!!)...thats dumb..especially when the suffix pf in the model name w2252tq-pf detremines the area to which a particular product belongs...anyways.

So far I have had it examined by two more freelance engineers who say that the entire logic board needs to be replaced. They have been searching for the spare parts but since LG has discontiued this product...no spare parts are available.

I have been looking for a similar scenario and yours seem to be the one matching up.

So whuts up with your monitor?
    may be we could help each other out.

Cheers
    Last edited by prime01; 09-02-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Hi prime01,

When your LG W2252tq-pf monitor is connected and supposed to be on and if you stand or move to one side can you see a vague but dark outline of what should be showing on the screen? If so it is likely the backlight tube or the powerpack circuit for the tube is duff, considering the indicator doesn't show I suspect it is the powerpack. Can you confirm the same.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Hi Hockson, thanks for your reply.
    Yes I can confirm that vague visibility and I noticed it the first day I had this problem and I did suspect the problem was related to the backlight tubes. But if it is a problem related to the tubes(powerpack etc) how do we explain the clear visiblity of the initial LG logo(to me which is now the most irritating logo in the universe..everywhere I see it..blah blah blah...just make me angry..lolz...).
    Well...I am aware that those logo thingys are in the firmware but still they would need backlight tube's illumination to be correctly displayed. Yet the logo is displayed with proper illumination. It is blackout(vague visiblity) afterwards.