Thread: How to make the SIM card work in studio 15 dell laptop with Windows 7

How to make the SIM card work in studio 15 dell laptop with Windows 7

Friends, I am using the laptop that is having the SIM card slot in that. I want right to make use of the internet on the laptop with the help of the SIM card. I am having the vodafone sim and GPRS is already activated on that. I have nserted that into the slot but cannot utilize that. Can you tell me that how can I make that to work. This is the first time that I am going to use the SIM card in my laptop and so I am not having much idea about this. So can you please tell me that how can I use it or what is wrong with this?

Re: How to make the SIM card work in studio 15 dell laptop with Windows 7

It should detect your SIM card when you insert that in slot. If that is not detecting that then there is possibility that you have not inserted that in the right way into the slot. It does not get the proper connection to the SIM then you will get the issues like this. So first confirm that you have properly inserted that into slot. For more information about this you can see the manuals for this that must be came along with the laptop. See the correct way to use it.

Do you have the WWAN card? If not then you should purchase that and use this to use a 3G SIM card. A Wireless Wide Area Network or WWAN is nothing but the wireless connectivity to Internet in the course of using cellular tower skill. Cellular services similar to AT&, Verizon and Sprint present WWAN meant for a monthly fee otherwise on a pay as you need it. WWAN connectivity permits a user through a laptop as well as a WWAN card to surf on Internet, check email, or join to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) from anyplace inside the local limits of the cellular service.

If you are not getting the proper answer for your question that can solve the issue for you then the simplest way for you is to contact Dell and for the issue. I am sure that they will provide you the perfect answer for this issue. So you should not waste your time in surfing the answer for this and call Dell support without any delay. I hope that you will get the best answer from them.