Thread: CPU Temprature 75 even if fans are working

CPU Temprature 75 even if fans are working

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400, 1Gb RAM Infineon , 2 large 12 * 12cm fan, and small 64 video card. OS is XP SP2. My operating temperature of the CPU is constantly at about 75 degrees. The computer works fine but as usual the temprature is too high. forever once wrote that its temperature is only about 58 degrees. I did when I was browsing the forum a similar machine as I do. The CPU is not overclocked. Comes up in front of me lately especially since it rises above 70 degrees.

Re: CPU Temprature 75 even if fans are working

The temperature of your CPU is already too high, but it only becomes dangerous when your computer starts to crash. A low temperature prolongs the life of the CPU's and should be achieved already as possible. So about 50-60 ° is normal. I think you need to mount your cooler from clean, carefully remove the CPU and the cooler, give a really small amount of compound (so about pinhead size) to the CPU core and mount the heatsink carefully. In many cases, this helps.

The solution is very simple you need to buy yourself a stronger cooler, preferably with more cooling surface. It can also occur in rare cases that will provide you with the bios wrong values. If you attack the condenser (heat sink) and the temperature is cool you are reading may sound wrong for some reason your BIOS the temperature. A cooler sits on a 70° CPU should already be pretty warm.

Modern CPU have for the temperature measurement on the silicon chip actually an extra diode, the UI characteristic is temperature dependent and therefore can be evaluated. AMD just took a long time without it. The older method is to place a sensor in the CPU socket you have to consider a measurement error of about 10 ° C. The temperature limits of the manufacturer (90-100 ° C) refer to the chip temperature, since up to this temperature, a reliable operation of the silicon chip is guaranteed. Then begins a transition to metallic-like conductivity of the silicon, which is reached at about 150 ° C while blowing at the weakest point of the chip easily. The temperature of the CPU should still be kept below 70 ° C, since it also has an influence on the life of the CPU.

All just speculation. The fact is that the temperature of the CPU and the system are detected by the BIOS, such as the fan speed is controlled. The CPU temperature should be around 50 C. SpeedFan, both the Act. Temperature and fan speed display - even in the notification area of the taskbar. So according to my mobile intel i7 up to 100 degrees C has 75 C with no load is me immensely