Thread: Acer 5542 show black screen

Acer 5542 show black screen

I recently bought a notebook acer 5542-5479. First, formatted it and installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I installed the drivers that came on the cd and everything was running absolutely fine. However, the second day of use out of nothing quite caught the note and few moments later, got the black screen. I hung up and called again, everything working. And the same was repeated three more times, for 4 days. I started getting very worried, thinking it was hardware problem. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Acer 5542 show black screen

I have had this same problem with crashes and then a black screen. Ever tried to install Windows 7 in 64 bit then also it did not solved. I even did a BIOS update, not fought for two days, but is now fighting back. Nor do I use the wireless on it but if it becomes active and researching networking, wireless light is blinking all the time, I disabled the wireless card, I'll test a few days and post here if caught or not. Please suggest me a solution to get this problem resolved.

What I can say is that four months have passed and actually the problem is fixed permanently. I'm still using the same driver, Atheros QMI HB93 CD that came in the notebook. I hope to help the people who have the same problem, because only through it to know how bad. Save months and months to see her in a few days catching note without explanation is not something not very nice

This should not come from your graphics card if you plug a 2nd monitor and you have a good display your graphics card then works normally. If at boot your display settings are correct and change when you get it under windows on the side of drivers that you should look. Having said that laptops are fragile machines in my experience I think helps out. For proper operation of your machine think its better to keep all the applications updated including the drivers to avoid such things in future.