Thread: Nokia N97 not showing recieved text alert

Nokia N97 not showing recieved text alert

I have seen something on my Nokia N97 mobile phone which seems to be not showing any alerts for any new messages that has came into my phone. Still I am continuing noticing the same. It is not ringing nor it is vibrating which is very much annoying to me. But most annoying is when it does not show anything on the home screen about new message. What kind of problem is this on my Nokia E series phone?

Re: Nokia N97 not showing recieved text alert

I think you should check resetting your phone as it might solve your phone's problem. Actually problem seems to be with the firmware of your phone which can be solved by flashing your phone. You have to connect your phone with the computer system and then open the Nokia PC Suite by using which you can reset your phone.

Actually when you have any message alert on your phone then they gets disappeared as soon as you click on the home screen as they are just for warning. And if you are not even getting the warning message as well then there is definitely something wrong with your phone's software which you need to check. Best way to solve this problem would be reinstalling the whole software that your phone will become like a new. Please keep in mind that this will remove all the phone memory of your phone so you better keep your phone memory's backup.

If you don't have any idea about how to reset the phone by using the Nokia Pc Suite then you should directly take your phone to the Nokia Care as they would be able to do it within few minutes. But this process is risky as it can harm your phone's hardware as well. So it is best to do such things from the Nokia Care as they are used to do such things.

I think your phone needs a software update which can also be done from your phone as you have to go to its menu where you can find out that is there any updates available for your phone or not. If there are any then you just need to download and install them. But it is recommended to install the updates from the computer system as it can harm your phone if your internet connection gets lost while installing the updates. Even this can happen to computer as well but your phone won't be involved in it.