Thread: Nokia N8 Won't allow to delete SMS outbox message

Nokia N8 Won't allow to delete SMS outbox message

My friend has a Nokia N8 phone and he has been using this phone for all purposes. He is just teenager. He likes chatting, playing games, videos, movies, etc. recently he has stored some messages in outbox, actually he didn’t saved it. It automatically get saved there when he trying to send me. I don’t know why the messages stored in there without sending successfully. He manually tried to delete them but the outbox didn’t delete it. The prompt says that it will be going to sent later on. How can I delete this message from there? It neither going to send nor going to delete? What would be the problem?

Re: Nokia N8 Won't allow to delete SMS outbox message

I have heard this kind of issues in most of Nokia phones. Some says that it is the cause of phones hardware and some says that the message has be corrupted while trying to send over. I don’t know which one is correct now. But still I advise you to delete all conversation or messages at once. That means go to delete messages option in your phone and try to delete all messages at once. I hope that it will gonna delete outbox message also.

If it is not possible to delete messages from phone itself then there is one easy method to accomplish it. For this you will need a PC and nokia PC suite software installed on it. First connect and bond N8 with the PC using USB data cable. Now open PC suite utility and open messages. Wait until each and every one of the messages get loaded. Now look in to the outbox messages. There might be those messages which you can’t delete. Select the message that you want to delete. Right click and select delete option. This will probably going to delete that particular message. No need to clear all conversation from mobile.

If you can’t delete those messages means they are just got stuck. The messages or the phone itself don’t know what to do next. The messages going to stuck in outbox when there is network or signal failure happens. It sometime sends automatically when the phone gets the signal back. But in some occasion even after the availability of the network the messages didn’t going to response at all. At this time you need to restart the phone. Sometime the messages going to erase automatically after the update but some time it may allow you to remove it manually.

I think that you need to restore the phone to its default settings. It will delete all conversations and other details from your phone only and brings back the mobile to its original position like when you first bought it. Otherwise hard reset the phone using some combination of key applicable. If the problem still exists then I think you should show it to the Nokia care point.