Thread: Automatic connection not possible in Nokia N8 Bluetooth headset

Automatic connection not possible in Nokia N8 Bluetooth headset

Recently I have got a new N8 for my birthday. I have a Bluetooth headphone also called as headset from My Plantonics Voyager which I was using with my old E71. The main thing I liked about this headset is whenever I turned on the Bluetooth in my E71 phone, it automatically get connected. But this is not happening in my new Nokia N8. Does anybody familiar with how to make the automatic connection here? It really frustrated when I need to manually connect the headset every time when turn on Bluetooth. Is it possible to prompt the automatic connection immediately after the activation of Bluetooth?

Re: Automatic connection not possible in Nokia N8 Bluetooth headset

First of you need to set the headset as default in your phone. If you don’t know how to do it then here is a solution. Go to Menu > Settings > Phone > Accessories > Headset. Recognize or scan your headset by activating Bluetooth. Once it is recognized, you may see the name of the device. Set headset as default there. Also make sure that name of the device is present and saved in your Bluetooth device list. The list contains the all the name of devices which you have given the automatic connection to your phone. That means when the list devices trying to connect you, it don’t again ask for owner permission, directly bonds the connection and transfers whatever they want.

First of all you need to make sure that the headset which you are using is compatible with N8. I know that most of the headset devices are compatible and worked with Nokia devices but not all of them are authorized. I think that only the authorized devices are may allow you for automatic connection. Other than this you may not able to get it work. For help see the Nokia N8 manual. There is a list of compatible headset and make sure that you have the right one. Also check that is there any "Authorized” option for Bluetooth connection.

In reaction headed for your investigation concerning your Nokia N8, I have a desire for to bring up to date you that still when you put the automatic connection amid the two devices, you will at rest necessitate to bond physically for the reason that the Automatic connection is worn in favor of you on the way to not to penetrate a passcode to any further extent at whatever time you bond your device to your Bluetooth device. On the other hand, respite guaranteed that your proposal will be taken keen on kindness in favor of our upcoming orientation.

Following providing several supplementary contemplation, I did move towards up by way of a security risk that can be connected in the midst of an automatic Bluetooth headset association. A few not permitted being may perhaps begin distributing music. I don't approximating from side to side my headsets! Perhaps this severe danger was what Nokia had in mentality when they planned the Fort Knox-like safety intended for Bluetooth headsets?

I think that you should get a new headset device for this. I heard that the Nokia which uses Symbian 3 is not working with other model compatible headset properly. So visit the N8 accessories and see what model of Bluetooth headphones available there. I looked into it and I got several option including different design and style. The known models are BH-505, BH 609, BH-218, BH-217, BH-108, BH-608 etc.