Thread: No name on messages in Nokia C7

No name on messages in Nokia C7

There are around 150 contacts in my Nokia C7 phone. My problem is that, whenever I get any message from any of the contacts that are already saved in my phone then I cannot get the name of that contact. It just shows me the number. Every time, my phone recognizes it as a new number but it is already stored in my mobile. Is there anyone else who is having the same problem with this phone? If you have any idea about this then please tell me that. I will be thankful to all the helpful replies.

Re: No name on messages in Nokia C7

Earlier, I was also having the similar problem with my phone and was not able to solve the problem. I tried many things but all of that was just waste of time. Finally I moved all the contacts from my phone memory to my SIM memory and again moved that back to the phone memory now it is showing me the message with the sender’s name. I cannot guess the logic behind this but it solves the issue for me. So you should also try this and I hope that this will do the same for you.

I think that you have saved the same number with different name. If that is the case then your phone will get confused between those names and will display you just the number of that contact in the place of the name. So you should check for any such duplicate entry and if it is saved twice then delete one from there and now if you get message from that number then you will get it with the name.

I may be due to some problem in the settings for the contacts. So you should search for any such settings and change that accordingly. If you are not able to get that then you can reply restore it to factory settings and this will set all the settings to its defaults value. To do that, go to the settings section of your phone and select Restore Factory Settings. If it prompts you for the security code then type 12345 and press OK. This will start to restore the settings. So do this but it should be your last option if nothing helps you.

If your mobile has older firmware or the corrupted firmware then this issue can be happen. So you need to first check that which versio9n of the firmware you are using. If you are using outdated firmware then you should upgrade it to the latest version of the firmware. Install that to your mobile. This will improve the performance of your phone also and can also solve the issue for you. Good Luck!!!