Thread: Nokia N8 is dropping signal and cutting call

Nokia N8 is dropping signal and cutting call

I have been issuing frequent issues in my Nokia N8. I have fixed most of the issues which shown up. But still I couldn’t able to fix one important issue. It is about the phone signal. Recently I have notices that the phone is lacking in signal. The signal is dropping regularly when I in a communication mean mid call. Due to this the call get disconnecting irregularly. Is there any fix for this issue?

Re: Nokia N8 is dropping signal and cutting call

I don’t think that you are dropping signal, it just seems to me that the call is hanging. First of all you should consider your network service provider for help. How did you find out that the N8 is lacking in signal? It is not easy to find this unless the network is completely vanished from the network indicator on your phone’s homescreen. If you are sure about the signal is dropping then remove the Sim card once and place it once again after waiting a minute. Also try any other SIM card either same network operator or different in order to verify.

I think that the antenna in your phone has malfunctioned a bit and due to this the call is keep on cutting in the mid. Make sure that you haven’t attached anything near the pace at antenna. Earlier the iphone got similar issue. When the user put their hand near antenna side the call automatically get disconnected due to the unavailability of the network. This issue might be happening in your N8. Whatever the thing just verify that the phone’s antenna is properly working. If it is troubling more then you might need to change it. It won’t gonna cost you more for replacement.

Whatever the thing or issue, just update the firmware and see what gonna happen. If the problem still exists then you may go for further process. It might be the issue of the antenna. If you are in any closed room or underground rooms then also it is not possible to get the proper signal. Make sure that your GSM network has full bandwidth in your area. Without seeing this you just cannot blame the N8. It is such a good phone at all. But still I can say that hardware fault is the main reason for signal or network drop than the software or firmware.

I am acquainted with that several phones can drop a small signal when detained. However this is now simple passionate. As of filled signal bars in the direction of 1 in seconds when detained. Merely lying on 2G. Are you using any protective case for your N8? Sometimes the modern case also causes the signal strength. You should aware about this.