Thread: How to move the message memory location in nokia 5800

How to move the message memory location in nokia 5800

I have a nokia 5800 and I have a small query regarding the storage of the message memory and so that’s why I decide to solve this from you all. Well I have around 500 messages in my memory card. Is there any method from which I can change the default memory location of the message and turn it to the phone memory? I have no idea regarding this topic and so that’s why I am asking you all. So if there is any solution then do let me know.

Re: How to move the message memory location in nokia 5800

Well you can definitely do that you can select the phone memory for the storage of the messages and this facility is there in many of the nokia phones. So what you have to do is
    1) Go to the message folder and from there go to the options.
    2) In the options go to the settings and select others.
    3) There you will get the memory in use and you can change it accordingly.
    4) After doing that you will be asked if you want to transfer all the messages to the new location. You just have to select ok.
    I hope you have got the necessary solution.

Let me tell you I have tried with this solution. The same step I had used while trying to copy the messages from the phone memory to the memory card. At that time it had asked me to switch to the card memory. As per your suggestion when I tried with this method then the second time it does not ask me to switch the memory i.e. from card memory to the phone memory. It only shows the memory location and nothing beyond that. Any other solutions that I can practice then do let me know.

Well what you can do is try connecting the nokia 5800 XM to the computer and plug in the usb port. Now when you go to the specific memory card location i.e. e:\Private\1000484b\Mail2 you will get the index file there, do delete it first. Now you will be prompted to copy the message from the memory card location to the phone memory location when you plug off from the computer. Its just a suggestion so just try and do let me know if it works or not.

Hey thanks for the suggestion that you have given. Well I tried installing the nokia phone to the computer and I tried deleting the index file of the location to which I wanted to copy and surprisingly it worked for me. I was very unsure of this particular method because some of my friends had said that it had not worked with them and so that’s why I was not pretty sure whether it will work in my case but it worked. Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestions that you have given.