Thread: Nokia 5800 does not display caller name

Nokia 5800 does not display caller name

I am facing a very strange problem with my nokia 5800 which I decided that I must share it with you all. Well if I want to see all the contacts in the screen in the new phone then it must be stored in the sim card. Well in my new phone I cannot add them in the contacts on front screen. On doing so the phone gives me a message saying that there are no contacts. How can this be possible? I have tried searching the internet and I did not get any solutions for such type of issue. I was hoping that if you could help me out with this one.

Re: Nokia 5800 does not display caller name

Well that’s something basic. It is possible that your old phone must have a sim card memory protection. So that’s why it is giving you such problem. This is a feature when you try to put a sim card in the new cell phone all your memory In the sim card gets blocked and you may have to type the necessary password to unlock the feature. I think so the same problem is here. You can do one thing do change your memory protection and change it to the phone protection and all the details will be get displayed. So do try with this suggestions and you will be able to solve your issue.

Do follow these simple steps and you will get the solution
    1) Go to the contacts and if it is the first time that you are using the phone then you will get the option to copy the sim contacts to the contacts. Click on yes.
    2) In case you are not using the cell phone for the first time then go to the options and from there go to the settings.
    3) Select the ‘contacts to display’ option. Now accordingly select the contacts that you want and then select OK.
    4) After you are done with that all the contacts from sim card will be displayed along with the blue color sim card sign.
    Just follow these steps and you will get your solution.

Well I would advice you to check whether r there is no duplication of the contacts. This can also be a possibility. This is because if your one contact is stored In the phone memory and while other if it is stored In the sim memory then the contacts will not get displayed In the new phone. So first check all the details of the contacts in the old phone and accordingly add it in the new phone. The above given solution is perfect and it must work. So first do check for the duplication and then start with the adding of the contacts.

Hey thanks for the solution everyone. Well what was the case here is that while I was trying to add the contact I had kept my memory protection to the sim card protection and so that’s why any of the contacts from the sim cards where not getting displayed in the contacts. So after reading your suggestions I realized that this can also be a possibility and i realized my mistake and also i observed some duplication if the contacts. One name was found In the normal contacts as well as the emergency contacts. Now I have done the necessary changes. Thanks to you all for helping me out with the solutions.