Thread: Unable to send message in Nokia N79

Unable to send message in Nokia N79

I am a big fond of Nokia using from past 5 years. Currently I am using Nokia N79. I was able to send messages from the yesterday night. I tried to resend the messages but it was not working. I tried to switch off and switch on the phone but it does not help me anymore. I searched on Google for the solution but there is nothing available that I can apply. I don’t know how to overcome from this problem? Anyone having the same problem please let me know? Welcome for any suggestions! I am waiting for your reply.Thanks in advance for your replies.

Re: Unable to send message in Nokia N79

In order to know more about your problem I want to ask some questions. First of all are facing the problem while you send a particular message or with specific number? What exactly happens when you create and try to send a new message? Also tell me whether you are able to receive the message in your phone? Please post the reply as soon as possible so I can figure out where is the problem? And what steps should be taken to solve your problem?

I was also having the same problem with my phone. I had contacted my network provider through hot line. They told me that I have to change my Message center Number with the new one. Magically I was able to send the message after changing the message center number. Hence I conclude that you should contact your service provider to get new message center number. I hope it will solve your problem.

I think you have to some experiment work to solve your problem. First of all you have to delete all the messages from your outbox. Now try to send fresh message. If still you are unable to send the message than remove your sim card from your phone and insert other sim card. And try to send the message. Now remove that sim card from your phone and reinsert the original sim card and again try to send the message. Above mentioned will help you to figure out whether it has an issue with mobile or the service provider of yours. I will be really happy if any suggestion fixes your problem.

I think there is an issue with the firmware of the Nokia N79. According to my opinion there is some error occurred in the firmware of Nokia N79 when you try to send the message. So I am suggesting you to do soft reset to solve your problem. You can do soft reset by using restore factory setting from the menu. Also there is short cut key *#7380#. Soft reset will brought your phone to the Initial state since it erases all the user settings and error occurred during working. It won’t delete any data from the phone memory so don’t worry about that.

I want to say thank you to everyone who had suggested me the solution. Well soft reset solved my problem and now I am able to send messages through Nokia N79. I really want to appreciate your efforts that you have put in. I will suggest doing soft reset if anyone from my friends or family having the same problem. Again I want to say thank you to everyone who has replied me. Your work is appreciated.