Thread: New message don’t give alert in E72

New message don’t give alert in E72

My Nokia E72 was working fine earlier But from last one week it have just stopped giving me any kind of alert when I get any new message in that. Alerts for all the calls are working fine and the issue is only with the message alerts. I have set the tune to its default tone but is is not giving any response. Please tell me that can I make working again. I have already tried .all the things from my side but all that were just waste of time. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: New message don’t give alert in E72

There may be problem with the tone that you are setting. You can try to set any other tone and see if that can help you or not. There are some chances that it will solve the issue. If that does not solve that issue then go open the profile and edit the profile that is currently active in your phone. Set the tone from there and apply that profile again. Send any message from any other mobile to your number and check it gives you the alert or not.

There may be a lot of messages in your inbox and in the sent messages folder and so you are not getting the alert sound. My suggestion to you is to delete all the messages from your inbox if those are not needed and also the sent item and draft. After cleaning that you can delete all the message delivery reports from it. Once you are done with this then it means that you have cleared the entire message memory. If that issue was due to the overloaded messages then it will be solved now.

There is one more thing that you can try. I don’t know the logic for this method but I have seen many of the cases where this solves the issue. So you need to remove the battery, memory card and SIM card from your phone and keep that as it is for few minutes and after that put that back inside to their places. Now switch on your mobile and send any message to your number. I hope that this will let the message alert back on your phone.

I was also facing the same problem from one month and was not able to solve the issue with that. Finally I did the following and this solves the issue for me.
    • Back up*phone’s data on computer.
    • Reset phone by *#7370# (security code: 12345).
    • Restore data devoid of checking the message backup.