Thread: Charging Nokia C5 battery first time

Charging Nokia C5 battery first time

I bought a Nokia C5 yesterday. This is my first multimedia phone and so I am very excited with this. But I am confused with it. The shopkeeper told me that when I charge it first time then I have to charge it for at least 8 hours and after that I can charge it normally. Is this true? And if your answer is yes then please tell me that what is the reason behind that and If I don’t do that then what can be happen to my phone.

Re: Charging Nokia C5 battery first time

No, this is not right. Older battery technologies did need an extended primary overnight charge but that recommendation is relevant to incredibly hardly any modern phones. The C5 is having a lithium ion battery that type stops charging once it is complete. You just charge your phone till the battery indicator stops moving as well as shows full. Depending on the existing battery level it might take somewhere between 30mins to 3 hours. It will take more than a few discharge - charge series before the battery will execute at its peak. So now charge it, make use of it after that charge it again if it runs low. If you need to make out more regarding lithium ion batteries then search on google or wikipedia will provide you much information on it.

As Iroquois has previously declared that this is older recommendation that is still being provided to buyers of lots of products although it is no longer needed. Batteries supplied through phones today are generally fully charged when placed into the package, so depending on that for how long time it was there in between leaving the factory your phone will be capable of power up devoid of any primary charge, so you can be charging it fully at the same time as you are doing your primary set-up and copying stuff as of your earlier phone.

Let us try to clear out certain things regarding this. If you are having a Nickle Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery then you have to give them a extended charge for the night the first time. After that if it is possible then let them discharge completely previous to recharging. The thought is that it end the "memory effect" that is the battery starts to misplace its charge more rapidly. Now, to my information, if you have a new model from nokia along with a Lithium Ion (Li-I) battery then I would like to tell you that they don't experience from the "memory effect" so you will be able to recharge them at whatever time you like. Also there is no requirement for comprehensive charging the initial time. Though, all batteries finally can't be recharged or start to misplace their charge more rapidly than they used to. You can typically just be a new battery but with any luck, by this phase your phone is old sufficient and shabby sufficient to deserve buying a fresh one.

It is for all time be finest to charge all the batteries for as a minimum 8 hours for the initial charge so that the batteries cells are entirely filled to a few degrees. With NIMH its forever best to do the charge and after that recharge thing 2-3 times to obtain the majority out of it and as a minimum once a month discharge it in total (till the phone turns itself off). Li-Ion as well as Li-Pol batteries do not have the memory effect similar to the older types (NIMH) did but it’s still for all time high-quality to perform a complete discharge once in each month otherwise two. I have established with my previous couple of phones whose batteries have lasted longer in terms of both longevity as well as talk/standby time.

Thank you very much to all of you for proving me such quick and nice information about this. I am using my phone by doing the normal charging that we do normally and I do not faced any issue with it. I hope that this will continue for rest of the days of its life. Anyway, thank you very much all again for your replies.