Thread: Nokia N8 mapping drive to webdav on Windows 7

Nokia N8 mapping drive to webdav on Windows 7

I have recently configured IIS by way of webdav resting on my Windows 7 (32bit) computer. Its configured fine without any trouble, for the reason that I can unite and map like drive from whichever further windows computers from Internet using URL my_web_address:myport. I can read or write files through this. But there is problem with my Nokia N8. I can connect without any difficult and errors and after that the external drivers appears to be bare. I even cannot upload files. How could be this?

Re: Nokia N8 mapping drive to webdav on Windows 7

I think that you haven’t shared the drive properly in Windows 7. I also heard that there are some limitation in webdav server which only allow you to read and write there contents, other than there is nothing more you can do for now. Reset the webdav server and again map that particular drive. If you still cannot locate anything in that drive then get rid of that drive. Now create the drive again and configure it as so that any device can able to map that drive.

I think that the mapping that drive is only possible through the Wifi of your Nokia N8. Other than by using any medium you cannot take the authorization of that drive. I think that you should map the drive by using wifi to upload files to the server. Do you remember how you configured the mapping of that drive in your phone? While configuring the setting will ask for a medium in which you want to connect. You should only use that medium for that particular drive. You cannot map it with other medium.

First of Turn on IIS in your windows 7, and make sure you select at least the following in Windows features Window:
    • Internet Information Services
    • IIS Management Console
    • WebDAV Publishing
    • Windows Authentication

Also make sure that you have added the proper authoring rules. It is fundamentally, permissions intended for WebDAV. The easiest obsession to accomplish here is to choose each and every one content, all clients, as well as all permissions.

If you would like universal access to additional spaces lying on your PC, you’ll have to insert several virtual directories. To accomplish this, right-click the Default Web Site, and prefer ‘Add New Virtual Directory’:
    • Put an alias and offer a pathway toward the folder you’d wish for to split. click OK.
    • Open a command prompt in your Windows 7, and type somewhat similar to this: net use * (http)://mobile1/projects
    • It will map a network or remote drive in the direction of your WebDAV folder