Thread: How to use our own mp3 tone as the ringtone in Nokia N8

How to use our own mp3 tone as the ringtone in Nokia N8

I have recently brought a new nokia N8 for myself. Well I am really very excited about this product. Since my old phone was nokia E5. So it takes some time to switch to the new nokia model. So I was looking at its features and also I read its manual so that I can get a better knowledge of this particular phone. I needed to set a particular mp3 tone as my ring tone. As that particular mp3 tone is my favorite. So I went to the settings and the profiles to add it as the ring tone but unfortunately I was not able to add it. There I saw some pre-installed ring tones. So I wanted to ask you all how I can add this particular mp3 tone as my ring tone. If you are having any idea then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: How to use our own mp3 tone as the ringtone in Nokia N8

Well it’s a very simple solution. Since you have not got the solution by going to the settings and then to the general option, personalizing it. There is another method for this solution. What you have to so is that if you are playing your favorite mp3 track in the music player. Then you have to go the options menu and then select the ‘add this as my ring tone’. That’s it once you are done with that it will automatically set this as your ring tone. So simple.

Ok I got through this solution. Well what to do of the message tone. Why is there not any option such that I can select any tone from the list of the tones that I have stored in the phone memory. Is it necessary that whatever tone I have to set, then I have to switch to the music player and then only I will be able to set it as the ring tone. Well there must be any other definite solution for this. So anyone having any idea then please do share it with me.

Well yes there is such facility available. I think so you have not gone through your manual carefully. Read it carefully after the personalize section you will get the tones folder and under that you will get the list of tones and you have to add it accordingly. Under the tones you will get three different folders named tunes, sounds and sound clips. Select any of the folder. Then you have to go through each and every songs listed and select any one of them. It’s is not a long procedure you can get that easily done.

Ok I went through such procedure and I found it to be very time consuming. Well what I did was made a folder of my favorite tones and added all the favorite tones in that particular folder. So what has happened was whenever I select the sound clips the particular folder got displayed and the only thing I had to do is to select the ringtone according to my choice. So I think this is a much better and a much faster option. I recommend you to try with this solution. It will definitely help you.