Thread: Nokia N8 poor browser and no portrait mode qwerty keyboard

Nokia N8 poor browser and no portrait mode qwerty keyboard

I am much familiar with most of the features of my Nokia N8. I also like all the features and capability in it except the browser. Will the Nokia going to upgrade the browser for its N8 models? It is very poor and horrible as compared to other mobile OS like android and ios. The real missing feature in it is a portrait mode qwerty keyboard. It is available in most of the famous mobile OS platform. I don’t know for what reason they didn’t added this feature in N8 browser. What do you say about it? Is there any other option to get the browser options like in ios or droids? Another thing I want to know that is the music quality of N8 is same as N5800?

Re: Nokia N8 poor browser and no portrait mode qwerty keyboard

Nokia has lately affirmed that the N8 will be getting a fresh enhanced browser as well as portrait qwerty keypad. Both are anticipated to reach your destination in the foremost quarter of subsequent year except several speak the browser might land this year. Many other features and improvements are planned too. From side to side headphone I individually imagine the N8's sound superiority is superior than the 5800's, it can moreover be louder. Despite the fact that the 5800 phone's speakers are improved like it has a stereo speaker, even though the N8's solitary speaker is yet fine evaluated to numerous phones.

Mysteriously as much as necessary the momentum of homescreen switching hasn't concerned me when measuring up to the desire. What has worried me is the deficient in of well-mannered widgets obtainable intended for the N8. I merely bring into play two homescreens as I can't come across whatever thing meaningful to situate on the third. One characteristic I would approximate to distinguish is the aptitude in favor of developers to generate bigger widgets that engage in two or three slots. The existing extent in actual fact confines the potentials.

As far as I know the screen size of the N8 is the problem for the developer to get the better browser as well as the portrait QWERTY keypad. But still I heard that the next release firmware for N8 includes all these features as well the some bug fixes. I don’t know when you will get it. But I still hope that you will resolve most the problems resides in the Nokia.

I think that it will be a better option to use some other browser other than still stick to inbuilt browser. My best option is the opera Mini browser. It has most of the features and capability that you even don’t get in inbuilt web browser. Still I think that the qwerty keypad option is not necessary here because you have already seen the size of the N8. It is most excitable if you use it landscape mode, it just acts like a tablet PC. The small screen is not enough for qwerty keypad in portrait mode. This is the drawback which is causing the developer most.

I think that the sound quality of the N8 is enough for its design and purpose. But still I can say that quality of the sound nearly matches N5800. There is only one speaker in N8 which gives a clear sound quality without any disturbance and noice. Whereas the N800 has dual speaker and it is designed in the intention of music lovers as a portable music player. On the other hand the N8 is designed as a complete multimedia package.