Thread: Cannot turn on Nokia C7

Cannot turn on Nokia C7

I have Nokia C7 and my problem is that it gets hanged to certain point. Once it is hanged then I cannot do anything to it. The only option left for me after that is to remove the battery directly from that and insert that again to turn it on. It was continued from last one month but yesterday when I did the same and tried to turn it on again then it was not able to turn on. If I long press the power button then instead of starting, it just vibrates and again become idle. It is just 2 months from my purchase and I am getting this issue. Please tell me that what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot turn on Nokia C7

This is very strange because I am seeing this issue first time with the Nokia C7. I was also having the same problem but with Nokia N71. What I did is, just removed the battery, SIM card and memory card from it and kept that as it is for about half an hour. After that, I again inserted that back to the phone and this solves the problem for me. But it was temporary. After about one month, it again started giving me the same. You can try this and see if that can fix the issue for you or not.

I think that you need to the hard reset on your phone. If you want to do that then you just have to press and hold three keys Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu at the same time. Now keeping that pressed, press the power button till you see the handshake icon of Nokia of feel some vibration in the phone. Once you get that then release the buttons and it will do all the remaining things without your interpretation. If in-between the process, it asks you for the security code then provide the default security code from Nokia as 12345 and press OK.

As you told that you have bought this just 2 months back then I am sure that it is still under warranty period and you must have the warranty card for it. Just go to the dealer from where you bought the phone and ask then for the issue. See what he can help you. If you are not satisfied with them then you can let this directly to the Nokia care and you will definitely get the solution for the issue there. Good Luck!!!

There may be some bug in the memory card that you are using. Just remove the memory card from the mobile and then try to restart the phone. If it gets booted properly then use the phone without memory card at least for one day. If it does not show any problem then it will confirm that the problem is with the memory card. Connect the memory card to your computer using the card reader and format the card. Now insert it into your phone. This time it will not show you such problem.