Thread: Not able to transfer Messages to Nokia C7

Not able to transfer Messages to Nokia C7

I have recently bought a new Nokia C7 mobile phone and I want to transfer all the Text messages (SMS) as well as multimedia messages (MMS) to the new phone from my older phone. I have tried to do this thing by Phone Switch but it didn't worked. Can somebody suggest me that how can I transfer all the messages with ease to this new phone?

Re: Not able to transfer Messages to Nokia C7

Best way to transfer all the messages to the new phone from an older one would be to use Nokia Pc Suite as you should connect an older phone with the PC suite and take backup of all the messages. Once you have taken the messages, Don't remove those messages from older phone until you have got all of them on your C7. Now connect the Nokia C7 and drag those backup of messages to your new phone. This whole procedure won't be consuming much time according to phone switch.

Even Phone Switch has been made for such a transfer functions but as you said that it is not possible the I guess you must be getting some error which might be indicating the reason why phone switch is not possible between both the phones. I suggest you mention an error that your old phone's Phone switch it displaying. But keep in mind that data transfer would be much slower than that of doing the same thing by using the Pc Suite.

Well, These both the phones are pairing up with each other without any issue as I am getting the notification "connecting" and flashing symbol next to "text messages". But after some time suddenly error appears as "some data not copied". But the thing is I have stored all of my messages in the Memory card and not in the phone memory then why this phone switch is showing such error? They are actually in different locations as some of them are in Inbox whereas some are in Folders.