Thread: Cannot get senders name in received SMS in Nokia C5

Cannot get senders name in received SMS in Nokia C5

I have Nokia C5. My problem is that whenever I get the messages from anyone then it does not show me the name of the sender of the message. If there is any contact saved in my phone memory and I get any sms from that number then it only shows me the number of the sender and not the name. This is very strange and I have never seen any case like this before. Please tell me that how can I make the name of the sender visible. Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Problem in receiving SMS in Nokia C5

I don’t know that why this is not showing you the number of the sender of the sms but as you told that it also do not show the name of the sender if that contact is saved in your phone, So think that I know the reason for this. You may have the duplicate entry of the same contact in your phone. If that is the case then your phone will get confused between those two names. So instead of showing any name it will just show you the number of the contact. The only thing that you need to do is to delete the duplicate entry from the phone and you will get the problem solved.

Which memory are you using to display the contact for you phone. If you are using both phone as well as SIM memory for your contacts then it may show you the problems like this. You should use only one memory at a time. Keep your contact in both the memory but at a time use only one memory. To select the memory, you need to go to the contacts and from there, select options and choose memo in use. Select the preferred memory from there and get out of the issue.

You may have very high amount of text in your phone so you need to delete them and this can solve the problem for you. Along with this, you can also delete all the cache from your phone and all the history also. If you have a lot of messages in your phone then delete them, if you don’t need them. Once you are done with all these then restart your phone. Now send any message from any other number and this time it should show you the number of that contact.

You may be using the outdated firmware on your phone and that is why you are getting such issues. So you have to go to the Nokia website and search for the latest firmware available there. Install that to your phone. If you not very confident in doing this then you can take this to some computer hardware store and ask them to do the update. They are experts and will do it without any trouble. I hope that this will solve the issue that you are facing.

Re: Cannot get senders name in received SMS in Nokia C5

You can try all the suggestions and the solutions given previously and I hope that this will solve the issue but if those are not able to help you then the only thing that is left for you is to do the hard reset on your phone. To do that you just have to type *#7370# from your phone and this will let you to the reset. It will ask you for the security code then you have to provide it as 12345. This is the default code that comes with all the models of the Nokia. After completion of the process it will restart the phone again and that’s it. But before doing that, you should take the backup of all the contacts and the important data from you phone memory because it will delete all the things from phone memory.