Thread: Can I view Word or Excel files on my iPad

Can I view Word or Excel files on my iPad

Does there is any version of Microsoft Office for iPad. My friend has a ipad. I sent some office files to him which he want to view on his ipad. Right not there is no such application which is integrated with Microsoft office on ipad. So this is not really worth to send the files. Does there is any proper office application for iPad. The one which can read all types of office files. If yes then what is the features of the same. What formats of documents it supports. Today pdf is a widely used common scan file document which is readable by most of the applications. In the same if I want to check a excel sheet or a power point files then what are the best way to see them. I just do not want to see the files but also want to manipulate the files. Edit them and then check them back on my regular pc.

Re: Can I view Word or Excel files on my iPad

There may be a consideration about Microsoft Office for the iPad. Google is planning to optimize its Docs app for the iPad. iWork is the Appleā€™s productivity software suite specially for ipad. You can choose for this one. I am not sure whether this can read Microsoft office documents, but it works well with other office files. It is for sure that Apple might have integrated the office document support for this. There are some three applications that impress by offering a unique experience in terms of mobile office. The application is particularly for the file management. Each document is entitled to an overview that gives a good idea of the document, but is limited to the first page or slide sheet. The first shows the different possibilities of sharing. Sending mail can still be done in native format or in PDF iWork.

iWork will a nice choice, but the only issue is that apple does not provide you any free support. For that you have to buy this app. There are very rare chances to view Microsoft Office files on it. All you can do is get an free document viewer which can shows you the files. In iWork there are more application provided for day to day use. Like Keynote which provides an extended host monitor to the current slide and next slide. Along with this you get pages and numbers. Apple shows here even full potential of multi-touch user interface on the - how our extensive testing of Pages and Numbers have shown, however, the disadvantages of lack of mouse and keyboard. In addition to some stability improvements found in this first update also fixes a few, such as the import and export on the Mac or PC generated documents and improvements to the ease of use.

Right now ipad is not ready for Microsoft Office. Right now the only option you can try out is iWorks. For the word thing you can use pages. It offers you a rulers and tool bar which now displays in wide-screen format. You also get the fonts in tables and formulas for the adjustment of moving columns and cells in Numbers now works better. It is still more time you will need to get an more features like the ability for direct printing of documents. I hope there will be more newer additions in the coming time. Currently iWork 09 gives you pages a word processor, a presentation software and Numbers a spreadsheet.

There is not much better supported for the office thing on iPad. I had tested the same already. The Pages which is finally, a word processing software for iPad. It lacks the system of bibliography and table of illustration. The other one is Keynote. It is a very simply slide transition software. I am quiet satisfied with this software. It offers you a option of exporting the video directly. The one thing that it allows projects to upload and share the reports with all the users you want and talk to them and receive a feedback.

It is not a full support software for office work. There is not everything provided you need. You can definitely get a viewer for that, but editing is still far more away. Before switching to OSX, I worked with PageMaker. The portion of OSX was correct that the software failed badly for the appearance of pages. It may lack many things in Pages, but at the same time I do not know the equivalent tool for this. It is right to say now that there is no appropriate version of Microsoft office provided for ipad. I hope in future there might be some support for that.