Thread: Notes Lost while the updating iPhone to 4.0

Notes Lost while the updating iPhone to 4.0

I have misplaced my notes stocked up on my iPhone at the time of upgrading the software to version 4.So I just want to know here that is there any way so that I am able to downgrade or retrieve these notes. My mac has a time capsule but I do not acquaint with it that whether this will help me or not. I have attempted to restore the phone on iTunes to a backed up version on the other hand the backup version is either the current version or is very old.

re: Notes Lost while the updating iPhone to 4.0

When I have seen this thread then I think that there will be some solution which will help me but after checking this I was disappointed. And I have seen one more user facing the similar kind of issue. I have actually seen this for a small number of times, which is really intimidating for me. At this time I have been not able to discover an answer to this matter on the internet and along with my own digging I am not able to get proper solution. I will try to remain this updated if no one else has a reply that fixes mine issue.

I have also faced this issue but in my case it is strange. I mean here that when I was using 3G phone so this is happen in that also after the synchronization with my mac. So in order to fix this I went to Apple store to check whether they know the solution for this. So they told me to open mail tool (the stamp) and you will observe the notes on left side. So if you want then you can try this and please inform me that it help you or not.

Regarding this I have solution so if you want then you can go for this. Actually here is a nice way to recover notes from your iPhone devoid of having to mail them to yourself. Regarding this I have got the solution from one of the forum site. Actually that user got his data because there is a bug in to the write-up. It is in fact stored in your home folder's application hold up directory in MobileSync/Backup. So I have tried that and it worked for me. So you also go for this if you want I am sure that you will get solution for this issue.

Re: Notes Lost while the updating iPhone to 4.0

I had the similar difficulty. I had no plan about what happened. I attempted to check my mail as it is suggested above and there were my notes! I was little bit worried about it because I do not know that why it is happened. Turns out I had been saving my notes to my Gmail account but a number of points I had turned off the little "Notes" switch in the settings, so my Gmail notes immediately moved out. The switch about which I am talking is this: (Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > [name]@gmail.com > Notes), and since there were no Gmail Notes, I was not able to acquire the "Accounts" page. At first I thought Notes was broken from the last upgrade but it was not. In fact I am not able to go to the "Accounts" page if I do not have any accounts to choose from. But it puzzled me since it just essentially disappeared. Anyhow, if I switch it back On, my Gmail notes show up in the Notes application once more. Even if I leave it Off, I am able to find my notes in my mail box under the Notes tab.