Thread: MobileMe enters Duplicate Entries in iCal

MobileMe enters Duplicate Entries in iCal

Let me inform you all that I have recently started using the mobile me application for my iPhone. Well I did not have any complaints regarding its functionality. Well recently i have started facing some duplication issues. Well the problem is that if I enter one entry in the application and after the synchronization is done completely. It shows me three entries. It takes a lot of time to find such duplication and accordingly delete it. So could you please give me some solutions on how to find easily some duplication in the iCal. Please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: MobileMe enters Duplicate Entries in iCal

Well I would advise you to check the iTunes application In the iPhone which you may have used to synchronized with. May be it has happened that the iTunes may have pulled some of the calendar from your laptop during some operations. So that why In the mobile me application it is showing you some multiple entries, events in the calendar or the multiple calendar. So my advice for you is that do have a check with the iTunes application if it is using some calendar application then do stop that communication.

Well what has happened is that I can see up to 30 calendars on the left side of my laptop. I have a mac book pro and a I really have a very difficult time facing this calendars and deleting them one by one. So what I want is that all these calendars should be submerged to one. I don't want so much calendars at a time. Well I found out that the iTunes did not have much to do with such duplications of the calendar. So any more solution, then you can share it with me.

Well what you can do is to try the combine the calendar methods and apply the same in the macbook pro it will work for you. What you have to exactly do is to create a group of such calendars and add them accordingly on it. Then you have to save that particular group. By doing that you will ensure that all the calendars are placed in one such group and there will not be any duplication of the calendars. So just try with this solution and let me know if it works for you.

After reading your solution let me tell you that I have not understood what are you exactly trying to say. I have understood in bits and pieces. So it would be better if you could explain me in much more detail. Since I am new to this particular field so I don’t have a good knowledge regarding this particular application. So It would be better if you can explain me In detail. Do reply as soon as possible.

Sure, I can explain you. You have to follow these steps
    1) In order to create a new iCal calendar group. You have to go to the file and select the new calendar group
    2) Then you have to drag all the extra calendars that you have into that particular group.
    3) After you are done with that then you have to ensure that the particular group is selected. After that go to file and select the Export as calendar option.
    4) After that you have to go to the file and select on import. Select that file that you have recently exported. Then click on import.
    One thing you have to note here is that once you have imported all the calendars it will merge all the calendars in one group but all the events will not be deleted. You have to manually delete those by going to the iCal Search function.