Thread: Screen lock ability is lost after upgrading iPad.

Screen lock ability is lost after upgrading iPad.

Now I am thinking that I would not have updated the iPad because after updating my iPad I am not able to lock the screen. In short I mean to say that the screen lock ability is lost. Now when I am trying to lock the screen it is not working. I have tried all the steps that I know but unable to resolve the issue on my own. Hence I need help getting rid of this thing. To be precise I want the screen lock ability on my iPad or the method to downgrade this thing, whatever suits best. Any way if you can provide any related solution then do so because I waiting here to know the related reply. I mean to say that I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Screen lock ability is lost after upgrading iPad.

iOS 4.2 has turned the screen lock button a mute button so the obvious question is: How to lock screen orientation now? Interesting, but Apple had this feature hidden in the back of all background applications. Do not you understand? We will see step by step: Click on the button menu / Click on Home (or Home button) twice to bring all the applications running in the background. "Now slide the iPad button that displays all running applications to the right. Now you'll see the Music Control or iPod controls. Just in the left corner you will see a lock icon, there is a button that locks the orientation of the iPad. The trouble is that in this state, there is no option to lock the silence. Hopefully if he does "Jailbreak" and if an application to reverse the hardware function, it plays as before.

The lock button failover iPad screen allows you to prevent the display of the iPad switch from portrait to landscape mode. When the tilt lock screen is activated, the following occurs: A padlock icon appears in the status bar. The screen is in landscape or portrait, whatever the way you hold the iPad. Follow these steps to lock the tilting screen:
    1. IPad turn so as to obtain the desired orientation.
    2. Double press the Home button to display recently used applications.
    3. Make a scroll from left to right in the bottom of the screen.
    4. Touch the button lock switch in the lower left corner of the screen.
    5. A padlock appears in the button lock switch.
    A small padlock icon appears in the status bar until you unlock the tilting screen.

If the screen of your iPad does not change directly as expected, verify that the tilt lock screen is disabled: Check for a padlock icon in the status bar. If the screen lock switch is off and you still cannot rotate the screen of the iPad, restart the iPad: Hold down the Sleep / Wake button until the message "Turn off" appears. Drag the slider to turn off the camera. Once off, press the Sleep / Wake button to turn it on. From iOS4 .2, the button previously used to lock the tilting of the screen is also used as a mute for notifications and system sounds. He does not play audio or video muted. Some applications use only the portrait or landscape mode and do not rotate according to screen orientation.

Official reserves iPad in latest versions have begun after the close of the App Store. After this it was noted in detail the specifications of the new Apple device, the new special section. Specifically, there has been a change regarding the functionality of the mute button located on the right. Now the button has changed and will avoid the rotation of the screen automatically iPad - Screen Rotation Lock. Another feature found is that the iPad can play Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) to 35 Mbps, 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 frames per second. Avi.

iPad is still described the switch, which allows you to lock the screen orientation. But whoever updated iOS on the current active version 4.2.1, states that the key was set to new. It suddenly appears the icon with the "mute the speaker" - although the spite of the message (at least on my iPad) without function. Whether this is simply an error in the new IOS update now, I cannot judge - though, what sense does it then to have donated a switch on the housing for that? Perhaps the function is indeed introduced sometime in the next update again. But I am interested in knowing how to fix this problem because I want to lock the screen orientation.