Thread: Can iPad switch automatically between WiFi and 3G?

Can iPad switch automatically between WiFi and 3G?

Well I am the owner of iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G and hence thought of asking the question here. Well I know that I can have the 3G speed and that too with the plan activated; but at some places I have felt that 3G not works that efficiently and I do not know why? I have seen that at those places my WiFi connection works great. SO I will have to manually switch the connections i.e. I have to close the 3G connection and then enable the WiFi there. So please let me know if at all it is possible that the switching will take place automatically here. Please help me know this.

Re: Can iPad switch automatically between WiFi and 3G?

Well as per the things that are going on here. The switching must have taken place automatically. Well I have seen that there is no need of manual interaction here. If the connection is best with the WiFi then iPad will automatically switch to the WiFi and if the connection is looking goo with the 3G then it will switch accordingly. The only thing is that you will be required to have the WiFi enabled on the iPad so that you may not get issue from the very basic step here.

Totally agreed with what have been said and let me tell you that if you are not able to have this functionality the you will be required to see for the security on the network and it might happen that you will be required to lower it there. Well if the WiFi is enabled on the iPad and yet you are getting issues with the WiFi getting connected then you can turn of the security on the Network of WAP. Well I have this working in my case and this was the only think that was giving me trouble here. Now after I have made this change I have seen that the connections gets established and that too in no time.

You have the iPad that has both the WiFi and the 3G capability and if you are having it here then let me tell you that the iPad has the functionality of switching between the WiFi and the 3G. I have read the article that says that it does not depend on what you have switched ON i.e. if you have switched on both the WiFi and the 3G then you will be able to access the internet with the service of the things that is best in the area and you will not have to make the switching manually there. It will automatically provide you with the connection that is the best in that area. So, I do not think that you must have any trouble with this here and if you are having then it will be great if you can just contact the Apple Tech Support there.

True and let me tell you that if you are not able to see this happening automatically then you must have been caught with some sort of the software bug and hence it will be great if you can just have the iPad of yours reset. As I think that it is only way by which you will be able to get out of the issues here. Please let me get notified about the version of the iOS that you are running on the iPad there. If you are running the iOS 4.2 then let me tell you that switching back to the iOS 4.1 or lower than that can really help you a lot. Please let me get notified about the same soon.

Yes well if you were not able to get this working in the right way then you must have went for the REST and then you can over come this issue very easily. Please before going with resetting the iPad; it will be really great if you can go with resetting the network at first. Well I am sure that this will really help you in the case there. After this if the issue does not get solved then you can go with the reset and see if you can get the issue solved after this.