Thread: Apple iPad: after installing 4.2.1 3G is not working

Apple iPad: after installing 4.2.1 3G is not working

I have iPad and that too iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB; I thought that it will be great to have the best one at the time. Now as it was having both WiFi and the 3G I was really enjoying it; the 3G speed was really awesome. Now the scene here is like; I installed the update for the iPad here and after that I have see that 3G services are not working on the iPad and I have seen a lot of issues as well with this. I was knowing that there are some issues with the iOS 4.2 so I avoided installing the update here but after I saw the release of the iOS 4.2.1 I thought that all the bugs would have been resolved; but I have seen that it is having a lot bigger issues then the iOS 4.2. Please let me know if you all can tell me some solution in this case here. I want to have back the 3G services back on iPad here. Is there probably a way out for this?

Re: Apple iPad: after installing 4.2.1 3G is not working

Most probably the issue of yours is because of the iOS 4.2.1 here and hence I would say that it will be great if you can get rid of this by uninstalling it here. Well I have not much information on this version of the iOS but I think that you took the steps to early and hence you are having the issue. If at all you want you can go with reinstalling iOS 4.2.1 again and see if the reinstallation can help a bit there. Well there are few chances that you may not have trouble there. I will have to look for more updates on the newly released iOS and will let you know about the same again.

Please let me know if you are trying to get the iPad of yours jailbreak or let me know if you have already jailbreaked iPad and hence you are getting this issue here. Well I definitely think that this new version of iOS 4.2.1 is not that buggy when compared with the earlier version. Please let me know if you went to install it directly? I mean to ask did you first install the iOS 4.2. Please if you did not install it then I would recommend that you first get this version in the iPad and then move for the iOS 4.2.1; the reason for this is there are some files that are required when the iOS version are changed and hence the previous versions are required to be in before installing the higher version. So please if you are missing on it then get it done here for sure.

It will be better if you can have the clean installation of the iOS here. I am of the opinion that you can just uninstall this version from the iPad and then can install the higher version. By doing this I am sure that you will be able to enjoy the newly released iOS 4.2.1. Well I think that you will be required to reset the iPad and go for the installation of this iOS. Please try this here and let me know if you were successful with this here.

I have already been with the issue and let me tell you that this version of iOS is also not that reliable well it has overcome some of the issues that were there with the older iOS 4.2 but that have been resolved. Well I think that it will be great if you can just reset iPad of yours and then have the older iOS that was running before; without any issues. Please press the power button on iPad for three seconds and then wait and see the Screen. After few seconds passes you will be able to see a rectangular box appearing on the screen and you will see a white arrow in it. After this you will see a slider emerging there. Then you will have to slide your finger along the slider. The iPad will shut down and rest will get complete.

Just clean up iPad of yours and then try to see after installing all the things again can you get back the 3G functionality here. I am saying that it will be great if you can clean up all the installed things on iPad and please make a backup of all the data so that after the successful installation you do not miss on any there. Hope that you will have the default iOS on iPad back and along with all the functionality that you were having before. So after looking at all the things I am sure that you will be able get back the 3G once you RESTORE your iPad. Please do this and wait for the success news of this iOS there.