Thread: WiFi disconnects frequently on my Acer Aspire 5520

WiFi disconnects frequently on my Acer Aspire 5520

I encounter a connection problem since yesterday. I have a laptop Acer Aspire 9420, my operating system is Windows XP Pro.

When I use my laptop without the power cord (just on the battery), my computer connects to internet thanks to WiFi and my network card is enabled. By cons, when the battery is almost empty, I replug my power cord and my wireless network adapter is disconnected automatically. This is my network card Realtek far disconnected, which automatically takes over, disabling my wireless network card.
    This problem is annoying because I can then surf on Wifi only for the term "life" of my battery. wireless network card: Intel PRO / Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC A big thank you in advance for your help!

Re: WiFi disconnects frequently on my Acer Aspire 5520

I have the same NIC but I've never had this problem. In the control panel, network connection, right click on Wireless Network Connection. On the General tab, click Configure. In the advanced tab in the properties box, you must have both "Power Management". For the first, es that "Use default" is unchecked and that the index of the bar is just below the middle. Hope i have helped you.

I had the same problem in fact I am working to repair pc in my house and one day I get the acer 3610 format and then stops working the wifi the solution is to open the laptop below and take one of the covers that have you have to disconnect the wireless card is a piece that has two wires is square and I think we should put a sticker wireslan wlan or something like that kindle the laptop without the card and then you turn you turn to pay to connect everything as it was and when encendais you will have the laptop detects the wireless card I hope you solve the problem at all until next time friends

I'll try to better explain the problem because it is probably a little detail configuration related to food or energy conservation to maximize battery life. Despite the fact that I am connected via Ethernet cable to my freebox for my Internet, my wireless network card allows me to access the Internet while I'm on the battery. My connection to the LAN via Realtek is disabled. By cons, as soon as my energy level is not enough, I plug the power cord, and my wireless adapter disconnects automatically giving way to my connection take it into my computer to process the way to minimize consumption of energy.