Thread: Unable to install NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS graphics driver

Unable to install NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS graphics driver

Hi, I have a similar problem and I have no idea how to deal with it I have tried everything described on this site but it could not help me at all and hence i have downloaded the new drivers for my "GeForce 8600M GS" , and this also do not work. I have a laptop "Acer Aspire 5920G" I bought it few months back and I had installed windows Vista 32-bit. I installed the chipset drivers from the manufacturer, and whenever turn on the laptop the graphics card driver installation gets the message "NVIDIA setup program could not find a driver that is compatible with current hardware. The installation program will exit." what is going on? can anyone help me?

Re: Unable to install NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS graphics driver

You can download the drivers from the Nvidia website. Then you need to unzip this with the help of the winrar and upload the modified *. inf file and copy down the *. inf file in the unzipped folder of the driver and only then you can install the driver.
    1. Nvidia Driver Download -> Unzip -> into a new folder.
    2. Modify the *. inf Download -> Copy to New Folder
    3. Then you can install the drivers.

Now I am almost certain that your hardware except your CPU is not much different from mine, so do the majority of drivers would be available at your aspire. Only I have no Bluetooth or infrared drivers, because I do not need that. The key drivers such as network, graphics, sound, webcam, chipset, etc are absolutely one and the same. Although I created bootcd with the necessary SATA driver, but it continues to run on IDE, and for me is the AHCI mode Please help me to get this problem fixed. Also tell me why my wifi reception is struggling

Reception can be improved by placing the antenna at a greater height, which is why Acer has placed two efficient PIFA antennas on top of the notebook screen. Dual antenna at the top of the screen produces a signal propagating uniformly in all directions, making wireless connectivity does not break even on the edge of their range of access points.

Compared with other notebooks, placing the antenna at the top of the screen helps to reduce interference caused by shielding, mechanical parts and electrical and thermal noise from the motherboard and processor. Placing the antenna on top of the screen is endorsed and recommended by some of my friends as to minimize the absorption coefficient of SAR. i.e. the absorption of electromagnetic radiation by the human body.