Thread: Acer Travelmate 2420 USB not working

Acer Travelmate 2420 USB not working

I have a problem with my Acer TravelMate 2420. All devices that whichever i try to connect with the help of the USB are not detected by my laptop it has some sort of mp3 reactions because lights up, but the system does not detect it. It occurs in the case (I think) no power. in the device manager shows me that I have 3 Main usb hubs. The BIOS does not see any option from the USB. What more the whole time it shows me the CPU usage at 100 %. so silting is terrible.

Re: Acer Travelmate 2420 USB not working

You can use the following troubleshooting tip to check each of these conditions and solve problems more easily USB devices. In general, if you plug a malfunctioning or incorrectly configured hardware to a USB ports computer stops responding (hangs). In most cases, you must put your computer off and on again to reset the bus. Note that it may be more difficult to determine which device is faulty or incorrectly configured. If another computer, you know that it is working correctly is available, try to connect the device to see if the same problem occurs.

The firmware of the USB device contains all the information about the device. No port is reset until all descriptors in the firmware have been unloaded and verified by the root hub. This is important because this information which apply to peripherals such as printers and modems. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the BIOS of your computer and each device. In general, when you delete and re-add a USB device, it becomes available again, simply. It may, however, that the reconnected device appears as a duplicate of the original device and loads as such in Device Manager.

If no devices work when you plug the devices into the root hub, make sure that the conditions bus power is not exceeded. USB devices require a maximum of 500 milliamps for each connection. If a device attempts to draw more power than the specifications recommend thats computer to be able to disable that specific port until thats diet computer is back to normal (it suspends the port.) Moreover, if the device consumes less than 50 milliamps, the port is never active.

You need to Check the Power tab in USB Root Hub properties to check the current consumption of the USB bus. Faulty device driver, misconfigured or missing. When you plug a USB device, The computer should load and then configure it without requesting device driver (assuming that the device belongs to the category of drivers defined and delivered.) if the computer asks for a driver device, ask the manufacturer of the device if a driver is available. There are two types of USB cables, high speed and low speed. Low-speed cables differ from high-speed cables primarily in their shielding. If you plug a broadband device to a low-speed cable, you can cause signal distortion over long distances.