Thread: Aspire 9420 is unable to recognize the installed drivers

Aspire 9420 is unable to recognize the installed drivers

Hello everyone, I have a notebook Acer Aspire 9420, where I install x64 Windows 7 but it did not recognize all my drivers and almost impossible to install drivers vista x64 (exe installation). And it was under vista x64 and everything was recognized. Example of drivers that are not recognized:
    -Agere HDA Modem
    -Acer OrbiCam Logitech
    For my part I managed to install by going to the device driver -> update driver software -> drivers on computer -> choose from the list -> Disk and take the vista drivers. (I hope I was clear enough). I hope that will help to install more than one missing its file.

Re: Aspire 9420 is unable to recognize the installed drivers

I agree with you on the bottom but after discussion with some of the people which developing specific software for specific hardware, I better understand the difficulty of developing generic drivers that are compatible with specific hardware. If the modems MANAGE theoretically the same commands, the hardware implementation unfortunately makes the notion of generic a little, and for any specific part of hardware is needed to make the software part Generic Operational, is like trying to install an OS without Bios on motherboard.

It seems normal for a RC stage, nothing shocking. By the release of the RTM, the manufacturer will be made available to the public the certified drivers Seven. So you just check all these and I think you are installing any corrupted file or may be the older driver so try to get the updated version for this and install it I am sure that you will get the appropriate solution for this kind of issue.

Hey thanks a lot for this because previously I was also facing the same issue and in this I come to know that my driver was of older version so I have downloaded the updated version of the driver and then installed it and after rebooting my Pc my problem get fixed. So I will just inform others if they are also going through the same issue then they just try it I am sure that they will get the solution for this kind of issue.