Thread: Working with Word & Excel in iPad

Working with Word & Excel in iPad

I bought a ipad and would like to dedicate it to work for what I need excel and word since i work a lot in both these applications. I see that you can download apps to work with these programs but not so many to choose from and if these apps work well. have you experienced these ever. On the other hand, I tried with Safari, enter the java web they need to work. And will not let me enter please suggest me an application which will allow me to view those word and excel files.

re: Working with Word & Excel in iPad

There is an application called as Quicksheet which can be considered as the Advanced Excel Spreadsheet Editor. The various features supported byt the quicksheet application is given below. You can view all your excel files with the help0 of this application

• Create, open and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
    • Multi-Edit Toolbox for fast and convenient editions
    • calculation engine professional level - includes support for over 125 built-in functions
    • Formula Builder to easily create calculations
    • Supports advanced Excel
    • Copy / paste cells, columns, rows and cell ranges and formulas are dynamically updated
    • Insert and delete rows / columns
    • Large number of cells, and text formatting, color, bold, italic, cell background, font, symbols, and wrap text
    • File support: (97-2008) XLS, XLSX

There is an application known as the Office Suite for iPad. In the growing list of applications iPad (more than 6300 available at the time of this post), office applications offered by Apple : Word processor (Pages), Spreadsheet (Numbers) and manager of presentation (Keynote) are top downloads since the launch of the AppStore iPad. I use keynote and pages that are very well done, the blame has to be opened in keynote which does not export its documents in ppt format. It must go through in a keynote mac, not very mobile!

These applications specific to the iPad, a sort of iWork retail, offer to find classic and indispensable tools for many users, but they suffered from a number of defects that have been quickly identified by early users. Among others, problems of compatibility with the inevitable Word, Excel or PowerPoint, making document editing professionals complicated or even impossible. So i think that there is no specific or a stable application so far available for the purpose of viewing excel and word files.

Quickoffice Mobile Connect Suite for iPad takes mobile productivity to the next level by redesigning our award-winning office suite from the ground up and customizing your application to create an incredible experience high definition IPAD.

Quickoffice SmartTouch - New and designed exclusively for iPad!
    • Power Edit mode - Easily make changes throughout the document or spreadsheet with our toolkit Multi-Edit. Quickly format text, numbers, points, funds, and the cells without having to open and close various menus. Ideal for advanced users and beginners.
    • Displaying the only screen - Experience the easiest and most intuitive to navigate horizontally and vertically through your folders and files and conveniently review the file information into a vision of a single screen.

I find these apps very interesting if it works, compatibility even when you are mac user, are virtually nonexistent; eg page in the same font is not recognized on both devices. so try with Times New Roman to see that I do not talk nonsense. Even impossible to generate the pdf. If this is corrected quickly, OK, but for now big bluff. Otherwise there is another application named as the apple keynote which can help you to view the doc and xls files.