Thread: Malwarebytes stops after detecting a file error in sony Vaio laptop

Malwarebytes stops after detecting a file error in sony Vaio laptop

I have a Sony vaio laptop. For a better security of my laptop I make sure that I run a scan of my antimalware every week. So that I can get to know about the latest threat in my system. I make it a point to run Malwarebytes in my laptop every week. Recently I found out that it has started giving me strange warning messages of two files which is \program files\sony corporation\smartwi connection utility\smartwi.exe and \program files\sony\vaio my memory center\vaio mymemcenter.exe. After it shows me the warning, the scanning operation terminates and refuses to continue further. Now what can be the problem here? How can I identify this warning is valid or not? Please help me out of this situation.

Re: Malwarebytes stops after detecting a file error in sony Vaio laptop

If it keeps repeating after some intervals then it shows the presence of bugs or viruses in your system. These kind of bugs are not so harmful for your system but they keep on multiplying in your system. May be it has got attached to the particular locations of that files. So that’s why it is showing up during every scan. Or there also may be a possibility of entry of the malware or the rootkits in the executable files. These executable files can be a source of malware’s. So don’t ignore the warning easily. Just have a check again and if possible do get a good rootkit scanner and then scan the system. Malware bytes are not so effective against all types of malware’s. So I would advice you to switch to a good rootkit scanner and then perform the scanning process it will definitely help you.

According to me you must upgrade your malware byte with the latest version available in the market now. This would definitely help you. You may be having a old version and so the old virus signature database. So that’s why it is always recommended to upgrade to the latest version. So that the new viruses signature will be introduced to the antivirus database. So my recommendation would be to switch to the latest version as soon as possible.

If you have tried with the above options and if nothing is working. Then the last option would be to submit the report to the malwarebytes people. So that they can get to know what is the exact problem and solve it accordingly. I think so your laptop is perfect and there is no problem with it. Your antimalware is not working hence it needs to be checked or updated properly. So if you are not getting any improvements with the above solutions then do submit a report to the malware bytes people and they will get back to you.

Hey thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have finally worked on my antivirus and I have updated to the latest version and the scan seems to be performing very well. May be the particular warning in the location was a malware. So after running a total scan of the system it detected the malwares which were not showing with the previous version of the malware byte’s. So your suggestions have really helped me out. Thanks for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.