Thread: How to change memory in compaq presario v5000

How to change memory in compaq presario v5000

I have a Compaq Presario V5000 laptop with Win XP Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 3. Components: Mobile AMD Sempron (tm) Processor 3000 +, 789 Mhz, 384 MB of ram. Now i need to increase the RAM for some time because now i am making use of my all available memory and hence my computer becomes slow so I wonder what kind of RAM chips I can use? up to how I can increase ram? And also how much is it about? and also how to do the instalation of these strips?

re: How to change memory in compaq presario v5000

Depends on the make and model, usually have a lid on the base that says MEMORY and retire and there you have access to the ram, are subject to the sides by insurance have to do it carefully aside, the pointy tops of 2-pen-pen, so you throw the ram alone and you need to carefully remove the same without touching the edges are golden as it is inserted entry, a notch that must match , enter at an angle and there are set and placed. In other exemptions have to remove the keyboard or some new must remove the keyboard and others to access.

Well, depends on the laptop. There are some that you remove the keyboard and below the access to all cards, in others you must remove the battery and there are screws to get the cards and the more complex must disarm all the notebook because the Board is in around the center. In short if you can not play it safe and better So let where a technician. I think you can go for the Kingston since i have been using Kingston ram and is really working without any problem since last two years.

First important point to know which memory is used on your computer (DDR?, DDR2, How often? Etc. To do this, use a program like CPU-Z or refer to the manual of your computer. In the case of an adding memory, it is also necessary to ensure the presence of a slot (slot) for free to put the new RAM module. To do this, CPU-Z may, again, you indicate whether the two slots of your computers are used or if it remains free. Otherwise, open the laptop and check visually that a connector is free is just as effective!

Thanks for the installation and i would like to know the whoel preocdure to add the memory stick to my laptop as i am a novice please tell me how can i increase the memory of my laptop and also tell me which memory stick will be a better choice for me please suggest me a brand and also the memory stick must be compatible with my laptop. Any help will be appreciated.

Follow the below mentioned steps in order to install a new memory on your laptop.
    1. Turn your laptop off and unplug the computer Then removed the battery (just as important!) And it discharges static electricity. On the back of the computer identify the hatch through which one accesses the RAM sticks.
    2. Open the hatch. Carefully set aside the screws.
    3. Present the bar opposite the connector at an angle of about 40 ° (see photos). Do not panic, there is keyed, you can not install the card backwards. In any case, never force!
    4. Gently fold the strip of ram until it is parallel to the motherboard. Press for the two small tabs on either side of the bar keeps it (you should hear a little "click"). Voila! Do is get the hatch, replace the battery and reconnect the computer.
    5. Once the computer back on, we will see in the properties of the workstation which is the amount of memory recognized by Windows (here it is Windows XP but Vista has a similar menu).