Thread: How to get Video wallpaper on iPad

How to get Video wallpaper on iPad

I have recently updated my Apple iPad to 4.2.1 and jailbroke it with redsnow. I am using a vWallpaper on my iPhone 4 which I tried to have on my iPad too. But I am bit afraid that would it be working or not. As resolution of iPhone and iPad are much different so it is but obvious that the same thing is not going to work for iPad but there must be some other application which can do this for iPad.

Re: How to get Video wallpaper on iPad

I guess the application which can work on your iPhone 4 should also be working on the Ipad as well until and unless an operating system installed on both the devices are same. I suggest you to just try installing the vwallpaper on your iPad and keep in mind that you have to select the wallpaper as per the resolutions of your iPad which should not show much problems. If there would be any problem then please post about the same on it.

I have done the thing that you wish to have on your iPad. Actually you need to resize the videos and then put it in the vwallpaper. For doing this you have to add the Danstaface Repo to Cydia. So go to the Manage in the Cydia and then Sources -> Edit -> Add. Once you have done this then you need to install the vWallpaper for your iPad. In order to put the videos on your phone, download iPhonebrowser and plug in your iPad. Now navigate to var/mobile/media/skrew/videos and put some .mp4 files in it. Now open the vWallpaper and select the video to play.

vWallpaper application is available via Cydia and restricted to jailbroken iPhones. Previously available on firmware 3, it can put an animated wallpaper on your Springboard. This wallpaper is actually a video that is played repeatedly. The application can also display an animation when a call is received. This update adds support for iOS 4. Always as easy to use, simply activate vWallpaper, one respring necessary, after you can change the video when you want and it will be directly taken into account.

So far vWallpaper is not made for iPad users which is a tweak available on iPhone and iPod Touch would have an animated wallpaper. The application developers have announced it will soon be compatible for 4.2 but also iOS iPad. So even if you are not able to have video wallpaper on your iPad then wait for some time as vWallpaper is coming soon for iPad as well.