Thread: Very low volume in iPod classic 160GB

Very low volume in iPod classic 160GB

I have just got the new Apple's iPod Classic 160 Gb and I guess this model of an iPod has bit lower volume that that of Nano. Actually I have used 2nd Gen 8GB Nano for couple of months because of which I felt like Classic model has bit low capacity to generate louder sound. Even I have tried high quality earphones but that too didn't worked for me. What is the problem with this iPod as it does not seems to be iPod at all by hearing its sound. Does anybody have any such problem?

Re: Very low volume in iPod classic 160GB

Apple's iPods are known for its sound quality and blasting sound from earphones and as you said that you have used an iPod Nano, So you must be aware of the real sound provided by an Apple. I think there would be some problem with the firmware of your iPod due to which volume functionality might not be working properly. I suggest you to reinstall the firmware on your iPod and then check that it emits normal loud sound as much as that of Apple's standard?

There could be some problem with an operating system itself where something have got wrong due to which it is not able to generate an efficient amount of sound while playing music. I suggest reinstall the operating system of your iPod and then check that it is working properly or not. If not then there could be some kind of physical damage as well because of which your music device is not working as per expectations.

As if feel that the sound volume in the iPod classic much lower which does not meets even the standard of an Apple's device sound then I guess you should not worry about it at all. You should directly contact with Apple's customer care where you can ask about the problem that you are facing on your iPod. If there would be really a problem with the device then you should just claim the warranty of your device which would be the best way to deal with such issues.

I guess the problem seems to be with the port where you are connecting your earphones or the pin of earphones. Actually you have tried using another earphones but as they won't be giving the same sound or may be even equivalent to iPod's sound unless those earphones are of iPod. I suggest you to use the some other earphones on your iPod but that should be similar to the one that you are using now. Mostly it seems to be issue with the port itself which is not able to output the enough amount of Volume.

Song files that you are using to check the sound of your iPod might be having low volume or you may say dull sound quality which cannot be increased by changing any kind of hardware. I simply recommend you to try listening different genre of music by which you would be able to confirm that where your speakers lack. Actually I have seen the problem like speaker does not sound bass or treble or sometime it lacks in vocal.