Thread: Cydia not working in iPad 4.2.1

Cydia not working in iPad 4.2.1

I am suffering from the very strange problem I have decided to discuss with all of you. I am using iPad 4 an recently I have updated my iPad with 4.2.1 version. I have also jail break the iPad. Cydia is crashing when I try to install apps in the iPad. I am unable to do anything with my device. I don’t know where is the problem? Whether it has an issue with hardware or software of the iPad? Is there any specific solution about my problem please let me know.

Re: Cydia not working in iPad 4.2.1

Well I was also facing the same problem. I have updated my iPad with latest version of the iOS. I was also unable to do installation through Cydia. Well I was searching on Google for the solution. I knew that the Cydia has compatibility issue with the latest version of iOS. It is unable to work with iOS 4.2. You have to wait till the latest version of the Cydia is not released. You can continue with iPad as latest version of Cydia is being released.

If you are not ready to wait till the latest version of the Cydia is being released. You can downgrade your iOS with previous version. Before you down grade the iOS of iPad you should take back up of all the information you have stored in your iPad so that you can restore the information once you have completed with iOS downgrade process. You have to connect your iPad with computer. iTune will launch. You have to download previous firmware of the iPad . iTune will install the firmware and notify you after the finishing the process. You are not supposed to disconnect iPad and computer while doing installation process. Once it is completed you can restore backup in your iPad.

I am telling you certain steps that may help you to solve your problem. You have to download PwnageTool 4.1. Extract it on the desktop. Select “Show Package Contents”. Navigate to FirmwareBundles in Resources. Copy iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148.bundle. You should download Cydia.patch file. You can copy it to /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_ by SSH’ing in your iPad. Launch “Terminal” program on Mac and execute the following command ‘mv Cydia_ Cydia.bakbspatch’ ‘Cydia.bak Cydia_ Cydia.patch’ ‘chmod +x+s /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_’ Launch PwnageTool Select iPad and it will detect iOS 4.2.1 you should create customized firmware. Restore iPad. Once you finished with the installation process iPad will reboot and you have jail break the iPad and Cydia will work in your iPad.

Well according I want to let you know that when the iPad restarts after jail break using redsnow. But your iPad is still running in to non-jailbroken state. You should run again the redsnow. You should not select "install Cydia" and you should go for “the tethered boot only". You should follow the instruction with redsnow. Your Cydia would work if it is restarted with the Pineapple logo. These are the steps which you can follow to achieve the same.

You can also go for the hard reset in your iPad. You must take backup of the all data before performing hard reset on your device since data is being deleted when you do the hard reset. You have to press Sleep/Wake and Home key for more than 10 seconds. Apple logo will display on the screen. iPad has been hard reset. Now you can back up the data on your iPad. Most probable it will work in your case. You should try it.