Thread: iPod Touch 2G giving error 3194

iPod Touch 2G giving error 3194

I am having iPod Touch 2G here in my case and I have seen that it just come up with the error 3194; well I really do not know what can be the reason here for this. I just want to get this iPod touch to be jailbreaked and will be really happy if you all can suggest me the way. I was having the version 3.1.3 and I had just made the update to the version 4.0 and now after I noticed that this was not the update that I was looking for then I tried to uninstall this update and now I am getting the error here. Please let me know if there is anything on which I can try so that I can be out of this mess here. I have searched on the internet a lot but I have really not found anything here that can help me. Please let me know if there is something that I can try for here.

Re: iPod Touch 2G giving error 3194

Well if you are having the issue here then I would simply suggest you to downgrade the iPod to some other version and see if you can get this to be done without any problem. I had not seen any issue but I have iPod Touch 2G with me and I have 3.1.2 and that is really working fine here. See if you can have this version on iPhone and I will be happy if you can have this done properly. Please let me get notified about the same.

I think that you are not doing the things in the proper manner and hence you stuck with the issue and will help you to move with the steps in proper manner here and see if that can really help you here. Just see the steps below and I am of the opinion that this will really help you here:
    1. First of all download old ipsw firmware files
    2. Then you will have to put your iPod in DFU mode
    3. Once you put your iPod Touch in DFU mode then the screen should be blank and if that is not the case then iPod is not in the DFU mode but in Recovery Mode and then you will be required to do the things all again.
    4. Then you will be required to make sure that you have the SHSH files saved or else you will not be able to downgrade iPod Touch to the version that you actually want.
    5. You will be required to go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and then you will be required to search for the host file
    6. Once you get it you will be required to add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com in that HOST file.

After this I am sure that you will be able to get iPod of yours running successfully in the manner that you wanted.

Looking at the case above I am of the opinion that you will have to make use of the TinyUmbrella here and you will have to download the latest one in yours case.You will be required to plug in iPod and then you can have TinyUmbrella in action. Once you plug in the phone then you will be required to check the box that is having Advanced Option in front of it. Then after this you will be required to check the box with the option Save My SHSH. Well try to deploy the TinyUmbrella here and see if this really proves its worth here. Let me get notified about the same as well.

I am of the opinion that this version of the update is seriously buggy and I have seen the same issue here with the iPod Touch 3G. I have seen that once you get this update in then there is really no going back and hence all are getting the trouble with downgrading here. I will try to see if TinyUmbrella here can be of some help but I am finding it not that impressive here. Will try this and in addition to this will see if there is anything else with which I can help you here.

I would suggest you to just make a Soft Rest on iPod Touch and see if this can bring iPod to the normal behavior. If at all the Soft Reset does not go in your way then I am of the opinion that Hard Rest will really do the thing for iPod here.
    SOFT RESET:
    Press the Sleep button that is at the top of iPod till the RED SLIDDER appears
    Once you are able to view it then you will be required to slide the SLIDER
    At last you will be required to Press the Sleep button till Apple Logo appears on the screen.
    HARD RESET:
    Doing hard reset on iPod is really easy but before doing this please make sure that you have BACKUP of all the data that you have on your cell phone. All you have to do is press the Sleep button on the iPod and the Home button for more than 10 seconds and keep them holding till the Apple Logo gets appeared on the screen.