Thread: iPod Touch 2G with 4.2.1 causes respring when enabled Multitasking

iPod Touch 2G with 4.2.1 causes respring when enabled Multitasking

I have iPod Touch 2G well running little slow but I have version 4.2.1 installed and one more thing that I wanted to tell about this is that I have jailbroken iPod touch. There was not even a single issue here but I have seen that whenever I try to launch an application I have seen that the iPod Touch just gets respringed. I really do not have any idea for this behavior. Please if anyone here can help me with this situation I will be really happy to have this in my favor. Also let me tell you that I have enabled Multitasking here and that too using Redsnow. Any suggestion on this will be really appreciated here. I have seen this issue when I am dealing with some application and then I have seen this respring. Has anyone faced this issue before?

Re: iPod Touch 2G with 4.2.1 causes respring when enabled Multitasking

Looking at the scenario that you have just presented I am of the opinion that the Hardware components that you have on 2G iPod are reaching their limits and hence you are getting the issue. I am of the opinion that the main component that may be causing you the issue is RAM. I have seen that most of the iPod just cannot keep up with all the background processes and hence just keep up respringing. I would have suggested you to go to the service center and see if you can get some sort of help there but I can see that you have mentioned that you have already jailbreak iPod here and hence I do not think that if you are under the warranty then also you will be able to claim it because of this. Will try to search in this matter and if will come across any solution will make the post in your case here. Please make it fast here.

I am of the opinion that you will be required to disable the multi tasking in your case and see if that can run well there. Well try to disable this and see if that can help a bit with the situation here. The things is that you have the iPod Touch 2G and after searching on the Internet I have found that this Multitasking is available for iPod Touch but not for 2G but for 3G and 4G; so I am of the opinion that this may be the reason for respring that you are seeing here. I would say that there is nothing wrong with the RAM and you can just try this and see for the result. The components of iPod 2G are really not made to handle the things here and hence I would suggest you to make a move out from here.

To start with let me tell you that a similar issue was observed with iPod Touch 3G and I just want to share the same here. In this case as well when more applications were running in the background iPod was just getting re-spring here. It was seen that RAM of iPod Touch 3G was not capable of handling many applications that are running in Multitasking. In your case it is even worst and you have iPod Touch 3G here and hence I think that it will be better if you do not put much load on RAM of this mobile. On the suggestion please let me tell you that it will be better if you can uninstall all the applications that you have recently installed on the cell phone and see if that can help a bit here. Well try to follow this and let me get notified if this thing helped.

If you will ask me for my opinion I would simply suggest you to see for MobileSubstrate addons on the cell phone of yours and see if this has something to speak for. In my case it was the things that was causing the issue and was able to get the device worked properly once I was able to get it out of the device. See if this is the same there in your cell phone as well. Well if that is not the case then I would make a suggestion that you see for crash reporter to be installed and see for the details with which it comes up here. This will really help you to point out the real cause of the issue that you are having with the iPod; so try this here and let me know if that helped a bit in your case. If you are not able to see then just post the result here and we will have a look at it.

In order to get out of the issue I would recommend Resetting iPod and hope that this will really make the difference here. Just do this and see if this can help you out with the issue here. Follow the steps here and see if this is the thing:
    1. On top of the iPod there is a Sleep button; you will be required to press it till you can see a red slider there.
    2. Once you see the Red Slider there all you will be required to do is drag the slider.
    3. After that you will be required to hold the Sleep button till the logo of Apple gets visible on the screen.
    4. The above steps were for Soft Reset and if that does not help then you can try for Hard Reset and for that you will be required to press Home Button and Sleep Button Simultaneously for more than 10 seconds till the Logo of Apple gets visible on the screen.

Try these and I am of the opinion that at least one will for sure hit the target.