Thread: Synchronizing data on external hard drive

Synchronizing data on external hard drive

I was having windows7 operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. I was having updated antivirus software so that it can protect my system from adware, malware etc. while browsing the internet last night there was virus attack and due to the virus attack my operating system files got corrupted. So I have transferred all my data on an external hard drive. I wanted to know if I can synchronize data on my external hard drive. If yes then I need the steps to synchronize it.

Re: Synchronizing data on external hard drive

External hard drive is used for taking the backup of data. You can synchronize the data on your external hard drive very easily. The steps to synchronize the data from external hard drive on window and vista are given below:
    You need to start the system and plug the external hard drive into the USB port of the computer by making use of USB cord.
    After connecting the external hard drive into the computer you need to go to Start/ Control Panel.
    And from the control Panel window you need to click on System and Maintenance icon. You need to select Backup and Restore from the System and Maintenance window.
    Now you need to click on set up backup button and follow the window to take the backup.

If you are having Mac OSx operating system installed on your system and if you want to synchronize external hard drive which is containing data then you can synchronize it very easily. The steps to synchronize the data on Mac OSx platform are very simple. You need to start the system and plug the hard disk into the USB port of the computer system. After connecting the hard disk, wait for some time till the machine prompts. After the machine prompts you need to click on the Use as Backup Disk from the time machine window. Now the data on the external hard disk will start synchronizing.

I did not know the steps to synchronize the data on external hard drive. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have synchronized my external hard drive successfully on vista platform. I also wanted to know if there are some readymade software available through which I can synchronizes data on external hard drive.

d)Sync” software. Allway Sync is a freeware software for taking backup and synchronizing files to different external devices, different media and also on remote server. Allway Sync software support different type of file system such as FAT, NTFS etc and many other versions. We can use Allway Sync software for synchronizing two different directories at the same time. If you want to update or back-up files over local network then you can make use of Allway Sync software.