Thread: After update IOS 4.2.1- It gives error message ''could not activate cellular data service''

After update IOS 4.2.1- It gives error message ''could not activate cellular data service''

Hello, subsequent to updating last day I cannot acquire a 3G connection to any further extent. Wi-Fi functions, although no GPRS or else 3G. It present me the error message that ''could not activate cellular data service''. I am as well not capable on the way to install a Access Point Name (APN). I have search for this trouble and found that as a fix. When I try to install Access Point Name (APN) it states that I have already one installed. I am having iphone 3GS and making use of iOS 4.2.1.Can somebody please assist me? Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: After update IOS 4.2.1- It gives error message ''could not activate cellular data service''

If you have application unlocked as well as jailbreak your cell phone, then you are gone. You have upgraded your cell phone on the way to a baseband where there is no software unlock accessible. Ultrasnow is not yet accessible for the baseband for 4.1. Hope you are happy by means of an iPod touch.

Re: After update IOS 4.2.1- It gives error message ''could not activate cellular data service''

You might have met the following error message: “Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network: You Are Not Subscribed to a Cellular Data Service”This error frequently come into view subsequent to jailbreaking as well as unlocking furthermore it is frequently distinguish by the reality that your iPhone cannot join on the way to the net by means of the cellular data n/w, as well as you cannot send text messages to any further extent.

Thanks for the respond. I get it functioning. I have previously finished those steps in the past; as a result it was common for me. I enclose in the past, make use of a fake Access Point Name (APN). For the reason that I may possibly not turn off GPRS back after that (did not encompass mobile internet up till now) as well as or else browsing would every now and then charge me. Weird sufficient the device state that there is no Access Point Name (APN) installed, however in view of the fact that I updated to 4.0 after that it get free of that setting at the same time as it had a fake Access Point Name (APN) installed.

The initial thing on the way to perform in that situation is to reset the n/w settings as well as restart your iPhone. If it at a standstill does not function, after that there is a additional fundamental resolve that will place the whole thing back on path.First, get on wifi and create a custom Access Point Name (APN).Navigate to carrier tab the drop down menu as well as select your carrier. Plesae select appropriate carrier from the list. As a result select the accurate carrier as well as strike “Done”. This be supposed to populate the custom Access Point Name (APN) information.On one occasion the custom Access Point Name (APN) fields are populated, strike “Create Profile” as well as remain a bit. It will exit Safari, furthermore take you on the way to the settings application. Lastly, just strike “Install” as well as this will set up your custom Access Point Name (APN) on your iPhone. Restart your iPhone furthermore you be supposed to at the moment have Edge as well as 3G connectivity.