Thread: Downgrading PSP is possible

Downgrading PSP is possible

There are almost all suitable PSP game consoles to downgrade. I want to downgrade my psp. I also want to know whether the downgrade is compatible with all PSPs or not. And this also includes firmware and other motherboards which will need the connection. I heard that in this success is not guaranteed and may fail. So does tihs is a risk. What is needed to downgrade the psp. I found that the method is to to force the console to accept the update which is termed is simple. Using the flaw overflow system 2.0, a small program launches and comes to firmware 1.0 as number. Does this thing really works and if yes then how. Thanks.

Re: Downgrading PSP is possible

It is possible to downgrade psp without soldering and playing with the Pandora Battery. Plug the Pandora battery instead of the original battery and turn on the psp. When you switch it on then it will already be in th ePSP / PSP Slim & Lite in service mode. Now there is new firmware on the PSP. It is also called as PSP flash. This is done via a bootable memory stick where the firmware is stored. So for that you might first need to arrange a appropriate procedure and firmware for flashing it. Remember if you do not perform this properly then it is possible that your device might not function properly. So do that with great caution.

After the PSP downgrade with the Pandora battery you will get great features of the custom firmware and you can use all the possibilities from it. Among other things, it opens up for the world of PSP home-brew with thousands of free games and programs for the PSP. There are somethings which I want to highlight and you must do this if your configuration matches here. Current PSP Slim & Lite Models with the TA-88 v3 motherboard can not be flashed. This board can be on the date code of 8c, 8d, 9, etc. .. and higher which recognize the battery of the PSP. Before that any other motherboard can be downgraded with the Pandora battery without any problem.

I want to highlight more the features of downgrading psp. The battery tools sets the phone to service mode of the PSP / PSP SLIM PANDORA to activate some better options. No batteries are required in the reprogramming of the original Sony PSP. TOOL functionality is fixed in Pandora battery integrated - so no additional configuration required. This works with the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Portable Slim & Lite. You must learn the instructions properly before doing this. Or else you can face any problem if it is not properly downgraded. Whether BenQ, Hitachi, Lite-On or Samsung, all drives are upgradeable, and thus suitable to use specially created DVD, or backup
    copies of valuable original games.

I am going to provide you some steps that will guide you to unbrick the phone more properly without destroying anything. For that you will have to first build the Magi Streak. For that download Pandora Gui 1.5. Then run the Pandora Gui and connect PSP via USB cable to the PC. You are not on the first stage of formatting your PSP. Click on format my psp option. Then disconnect the usb and turn the PSP off. After that you have to copy the file directly to the Magic Memory Stick. The files are Msipl.bin and other registry files. After that from the Pandora choose the option to remove the contents which is write IPL. The magic stick is now ready and equipped with 3.80m33-5 firmware.

The above part is just updating the firmware. You have to then later on downgrade more further. For that insert the the Magic Memory Stick and insert the Pandora Battery. Now you can see the PSP Fat option from the Pandora menu. You can click on the square button to get a backup of your psp. Then connect the psp to the system and the save the bin file to the stick. It is the The binary file for the backup of firmware and to restore the system in case of any loos. It is a very important file and you must not loose the same. After that insert the magic stick again and press x to start. Now begins the PSP downgrade. new firmware is now installed and completed the Pandora PSP Downgrade.