Thread: iPhone iOS 4.2.1 car stereo problems

iPhone iOS 4.2.1 car stereo problems

Recently i have upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS4.2.1. Right after the upgradation i am facing issues with it i tried playing my iPhone on my vehicles stereo. Now whenever i connect to the stereo i am getting an error message saying that ”ipod error” whereas my iphone says that the iphone is not compatible with the device. I have started getting this error message right after the upgrade. Hopefully this should help you to get this error fixed.

Re: iPhone iOS 4.2.1 car stereo problems

Well seems like you are getting an error message because your stereo firmware might not have been updated. Hence it needs to be updated if you want your iPhone to be detected by the car stereo. Since i have been using the same with my creative speaker in my car and it just works absolutely fine without any sort of itching. You need to upgrade your stereo firmware to get this issue fixed.

The problem appears to be model-independent, which suggests that it is only a software or a technical error. Both customers of the iPhone 3G, 3G iPhone and the iPod touch, 4 and also the report of problems in communicating with iPhone-compatible car radio. It seems that the manufacturer of the car radio to play no role, because here were already different brand names of JVC to Kenwood mentioned. Try to check whether it works for a different brand.

Faced a similar issue with my Alpine stereos while using my iPhone 4. When I tried to stream an audio , via safari , it just works without any complexity for sometimes and then the iTrip halts the broadcasting. I don’t think that it is because of the ipad app, since it is working correctly. Can anyone tell me whether its due to the cold weather or is it due to the cold weather or even whether the iPhone is confused and it thinking whether it is connected to a TV port. If this is not the case then simple the problem is because of the network service provider.