Thread: Unable to use web in Cisco VPN over 3G/Edge

Unable to use web in Cisco VPN over 3G/Edge

When I attach to my office Cisco Concentrator 3000 via the 3G iphone's VPN client in excess of 3G or Edge, I be capable of establishing connection, but I am unable to achieve whatever thing later that. I cannot go off to websites inside or outside, unable to verify emails etc. At the present above wifi, I preserve bond to the VPN and carry out all of this things without any problems. By this I can say that it is not VPN. Anything I can do to make it functioning?

Re: Unable to use web in Cisco VPN over 3G/Edge

In my case I originate that I know how to formulate a link to my VPN, but that the consequential DNS server that has gone back is not pushed into the resolv.conf. For this reason the iphone lacking in resolver. Later I assume that if I make use of IP address to set off to my hosts that I may possibly catch to them. For my concern it is some kind of bug in Cisco VPN client for this phone. But I don’t have such issue with or over WiFi

You cannot blame either on Cisco server or on Iphone. There could be other possible reason which you didn’t find out yet. Know about the type of app you are using in order to access the server in your office or at work place. Are you using safari? Did you try the connection by typing internal IP address? Did you try using the RDP application? If you are unable to utilize it in 3G then upgrade to 3GS, may be this version is working properly over that client. Are you using any proxy or Mac address filtering?

I'm bearing in mind reduction from 3.1.2 to 3.0.1 on 3G in anticipation of there's a repair for the Cisco VPN problems. But if you are still want move along same version then here is a possible solution. You need to download Custom APN on your Iphone from any internet source. Install it on your phone and reboot the phone once. This solved my VPN issue and I hope that it will going to solve yours too.