Thread: Double entries of Contacts and Calendars in iPhone.

Double entries of Contacts and Calendars in iPhone.

I have upgraded my iPhone to 3.0.1. I had reset the iPhone due to this. Now I am stuck into very silly situation. As I had reset the iPhone all of my iCal entries and Contact entries are doubled in my iPhone.I have try to reset again my iPhone and also try to reload iCal through the iTune but it does not affected the situation. I am really confused can you please tell me that is there problem with software of the iPhone? And also if you can suggest me any software or some trick that can fix my problem? I will be really thankful to you.

Re: Double entries of Contacts and Calendars in iPhone.

I will tell you very simple steps to get rid out of this silly situation. Plug your iPhone to your PC. Launch iTunes. Select iPhone from the Devices from the left panel of the iTune. You will see the info tab in the main window. Search for the calendar. Sync iCal Calendars box should be check by you. There will be to option available to you. Select sync all or select only one option. I think this step will helpful to you and your problem will vanish.

I was having the same problem. I was searching for the solution on the Google. Suddenly I got some trick written on website and I had tried on my iPhone. I got relief from that irritating problem. You have to perform following steps .Select Settings from the Home page of your iPhone. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars from the Settings Tab. Go for your MobileMe account .Select Turn Calendars off.It will prompt you to delete or keep the data .Select Delete. Wait for moment. Turn on Your calendar in your iPhone. Select merge data option. Similarly you can also do for the contact entries to remove duplicate. I am sure above steps will definitely resolve your problem

User which is not using Mac and MobileMe rather than using MS Outlook and Exchange can apply the following solution to take out from this problem. Go to Settings from the home page. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Turn off for Contacts. Delete when asked to keep or Delete the entries. After the deleting of the entry Turn on the Contacts When asked Delete from the iPhone. Same process should be done for the Calendars.

Well I want to provide you another solution on the basis of your problem. You should turn off Mobile Contacts Sync in your iPhone. When prompted you should delete all Contacts. Create a dummy group on your Mac and add new single entry. Sync Selected Contacts should be turned on. Select the dummy group. Your iPhone should be synchronized. Once it is done you will be left with one group and one contact. Contacts should be turn off and synchronized in iTunes. MobileMe should be activated again with synchronizing in iTunes. It will ask to you what will you do with contacts on MobileMe? Select Merge for the same. You should allow it to synchronize with air and add all the contacts. You should delete all dummy group and contacts from the Mac. Your iPhone will synchronize with air and your problem is solved! Try your Luck All the Best!

The simplest solution for your problem is as under. You should turn off MobileMe Push. Turn on "replace information on this iPhoneā€¯ in iTunes. Once it is synchronized it will add new copy of calendar and contacts in your iPhone. Return to iTunes. Address book and Calendars synchronization should be turn off. You should turn MobileMe Push. When it will prompt you to merge you have to select no. I hope this will fix your problem.