Thread: How to update firmware on jailbroken iphone

How to update firmware on jailbroken iphone

Recently I have jailbreaked my iPhone through the use of Limera1n. Now the thing is that I want to update or upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2. For doing this what I need to do. Is this thing, I mean to say update will require to restore my iPhone to previous settings and jailbreak my iPhone after it is updated. I have also heard that Cydia is going to update the support for OS 4.2. Is thing related to points that I need to consider at the time of upgrading my iPhone. See I am not an expert related to this field but just a noob and need help from your side. I will be waiting for instructions from your side.

Re: How to update firmware on jailbroken iphone

You are having very less options for updating or upgrading when a new updated is released. You can use Pwnage Tool, this will allow you to update to the latest version at the time of preserving the baseband. The other option that you can go for is to update through the use of iTunes if you are not required to unlock. As far as I know Cydia is recently updated hence it can be compatible with the latest jailbreak. You can these options for solving the problem that you are facing if you are having any other issue then let me know about the same. If I am having knowledge related to that then I will definitely provide you a solution.

I think that I am also facing similar kind of issue, I am currently on version 3.1 jailbreak iphone but every time I log on itunes it is my intention to download the update I do not want to take risk of losing the jailbreak so I wanted to know how I should do more certain game does not install because I am having too old firmware version and if I am trying to play new games it ask me to update the firmware. I think that you can also provide solution for this kind of problem. If you have any related solution for these kind of problems then please let me know about that.

As far as I know you are not following the procedure that is required. According to me you do not want your iTunes to recall the upgrade to a more advance version. If this is the thing you want to achieve then you have to go to iTunes then to preferences and then you have to uncheck it automatically for the latest update. You just need to follow these steps and I am sure you will not face this problem again. Try to follow these steps and if face any other issue then let me know, I will resolve that as soon as possible.